MP5 vs. Civic LX

H

<Humvee>

Help! I need to convince my fiance that the P5 is worth the extra $3000 (Canada) over a new Civic LX. We're both happy Civic owners, but I think I need a change. She doesn't care about 16" alloy wheels, or sunroofs, or 4-wheel disk brakes, or removable built-in Thule racks, or fog lights, or cool red suspension bars...she just wants a good cheap car...where as I love all the extras and think the P5 is a good deal for $3000 more than the civic. What can I tell her? One more thing, how is Mazda quality compared to Honda? I know the Civic is a well made car...how does it compare to the P5? Thanks for the help folks...I hope it works!

Hmm, well, show her a pic of the interior of a Civic, then show her the pic of the P5. If she doesn't change heart by then, then it's impossible to get her to get a P5! IMO, the weakpoint of a Civic has always been its interior, it's sooooo unforgiveably ugly. The overall look of it hasn't changed since the 1992 Civics! It's gotten a bit rounder, but, generally, it's still butt-ugly.

Tell her that there are too many civics out there. She will just become another civic owner. P5 is cool. I drive in Boca, florida a lot and i see mercedes, lexus, bmw, audi owners and everybody else check out my $17000 car. While they all spent $50K+. Tell her she can join a P5/mp3 club (or start one like i did) and cruise around together. You should see people's faces then.

well, Civic LX worth the same money(or even more, since the MSRP of Civic LX is 19100 CAD, and P5 is 19895 CAD) if u add all the options that P5 have as standard~
if she still lives civic better, than..........sorry, couldn't help u.........

The new Proteges since 2000 have scored the highest reliability markings in Consumer Reports, it was a test of the 2.0 Litre car, so that can be applied to our car as well.

I just bought it!
Silver
Auto/AC/Sunroof
Tinted Windows
Bug Deflector
Wheel Locks
Roof Rack

She still wants the Civic...but it's too late now. I pick it up Saturday! :cool:

congrats! make sure the plastic for roof rack is in back and have fun! (but not too much fun at least till odo rolls 600mi) ;)

Latest posts

Back