Ford Employee Discount?

S

slooper

I read in another thread something about Ford employees getting a discount on P5s. My cousin is a mech for a dealer in Cali. With Ford being in bed with Mazda and all, can a Ford employee get a discount?
Thanks!

Absolutely. I am not sure what his exact deal is, but because my company built and maintains www.mazdausa.com and we are on the Ford plan. We got the MP5 at around 3% under invoice with no haggling. It was cool.

His discount includes Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo and Land Rover, including a cash discount for Jaguars. Ford Super Duty F450-F750, Ford Thunderbird, Mazda MP3 (and yellow MP5s) and Aston Martin vehicles are not covered by this program.

Here is the website for plan members: www.fordpartner.com. He needs to get his partner code to generate a pin. Once he has the pin, he can go to any dealer and they'll hook him up!

That totally rocks! I have a call in to him right now to get his partner code. He says that he wouldn't have a problem buying a car for me. Has anyone done that? Bought a car through someone on the Ford Plan?
Thanks!

SLooper,

This is from the FAQ on the site:

Eligible employees (hourly and salaried), retirees, members and their spouses may purchase or lease a total of two vehicles per calendar year through the Partner Recognition Program. Vehicles must be titled and registered in the eligible employee, retiree, member or spouse's name (vehicles may not be titled or registered in a company name). No other family members are eligible for Partner Recognition pricing.

Originally posted by gene in cincinnati:
[QB]Ford Super Duty F450-F750, Ford Thunderbird, Mazda MP3 (and yellow MP5s) and Aston Martin vehicles are not covered by this program.[QB]

wrong.
I got my yellow mp5 on the s-plan without a problem. It depends on the dealer. MP3 (and maybe other cars you listed) are definetly not covered under the plan. Yellow mp5 are not limited edition, its a myth.

Wrong? Maybe so, but not in my area.

I queried 7 dealers and they all said that the yellow PR5 could not be purchased at the S-Plan price. I am glad you were able to, but it wasn't an option in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area 30 days ago.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: gene in cincinnati ]

That sucks about the deal only applying to spouses. I did call the dealership that I've been working with and they said all I need to do is bring in my cousin's pin number and they would do the deal. Of course, that was over the phone, so who knows what they'll try to pull once I'm in there. "Oh, sorry. Did we say WE would be giving you the discount? Whoops. Looks like you'll have to pay full price."

my dad works for ford, and we could have gotten an s-plan price for my p5.....but they wouldn't give me a yellow one under the s-plan...apparently its a popular color. well, i had to get my yellow car, so i'm payin a little more for it.....

I heard that ford owns mazda...is that right? I also heard that the pro5 is filled with ford parts which bothers me alittle. I just need someone to assure me that my girl wont fall apart like other fords i see. That was off-line though. :eek: :D

Ford does indeed own Mazda.

The Yellow P5 is included in the S Plan/X plan. Originally when I went to the dealer they tried to tell me that the Pro5 wasn't available on the plan at all and I told them where to blow smoke up their a$$ when they tried to get me in a Protege ES. I ended up coming home with what I wanted though, and every color is available...but it is still ultimately up to the dealers discretion on what to sell you.

Back