Questions about ordering a P5

C

chezterr

My wife and I want to buy a 2002 P5 this spring. We have a very good idea of the options we want and dont want on the car. We REALLLLLY want to get ABS, but we do not want a moonroof. I heard that you cant get one without the other. I dont want to pay almost $1000 for a moonroof I dont want, when all I really want is some good brakes. Can any one confirm or deny this?

Nikolas

Moonroof does not come with ABS, I have a moonroof, with 4 disc brakes, no ABS. ABS is ONLY available with Side Airbags as an option. Good luck with your purchase.
Mike

Wait, side airbags are an option?? In canada, I dont think we even get that.

Wait, side airbags are an option?? In canada, I dont think we even get that.

Yo, racer 5, when ur talking about side airbags are u talkin about the airbags on the side of the seat because i have those. I dont know if i do have ABS but i would like to think that i do. The moonroof is the bomb because no one seems to care for it but its one of those options that u might want to have just in case your on a strip and u wave at some honey from the middle of the car. Then she can hop in and u can watch as she extends half her body out of the moon roof while u look at her body. Well, thats kind of off the point but its still good to have on because it also increases the value of the P5 like if u decide to get rid of it. Think of it as an investment. Happy waving!! :rolleyes: :D

The moonroof is a sepparate option, but most of the dealer inventory is either loaded or not loaded. Meaning if they do come with the ABS than it'll probably have the moonroof. The moonroof is actually only a $700 option, but I love it!!!

The ABS brake option comes with the side airbags, those I believe are a package and can not be separated. Definitely cool though, the ABS stop pretty good in the snow.

Originally posted by <d0hboy5>:
<STRONG>Wait, side airbags are an option?? In canada, I dont think we even get that.</STRONG>

Right, for some reason they decided that up here we don't get the side airbags at all. So our P5s have ABS but NO side airbags, whereas in the US they come together.

Back