TINT Question

S

SwammiP

I'm thinking about tinting my P5 soon and i just wanted to know if you guys think its a good idea to tint all the way around or stop at the back windows. And if anyone with tint on the front two have gotten pulled over or hassled by the cops more because of it?
whats the deal

Ok, I did alot of research, and only do this if you don't have the white P5, becuase it'll look too dark.

20% front, and rear doors..
15% 2 rears, and gate..

You can still see through this, and it is not scary to drive at night... If youhave a white P5 it might come off looking too dark.. Trust me, cops don't care unles syou have like, double 5%, or mirrored limo.. Stay away from those and you will be fine... This is only 1 level lower than florida leagl.. Anymore, and you'll regret it..

- Miker

for anyone that has tinted thier windows, how much di it cost you, and what did you get?....u.s. currency please..

I went to my local auto shop and they told me 275.00 US dollas for all the way around

$185, 20% all the way, nothing on the windsheild (to avoid police hassle)

Hey all...check this site out. They have all the requirements by state. That should help with any of your ?'s.

Auto Tinting

i got my dealer to throw in the tint 20% all around when i bought the car. but as far as legality and hassel from the cops that depends on two things. 1 how you drive and 2 where you live. :cool:

Man, that is a awesome idea stopping at the back windows. You should really just go to autozone or your local parts store, and buy the tint and do it yourself, it is really easy, and whole lot cheaper.

But it won't last nearly as long and will start to bubble and look like $hit. If you have a shop do it, you usually get the lifetime warranty of the film. Any bubbles or discoloration, they replace it free.

175$ for all around, and the dude is a perfectionist... Make sure you don't get tint done from the dealer.. they find whoever will do it for cheapest possible.. Not who will do the best job..

- Miker

I don't know about you all but 20% in the rear is too dark for me. I have 35% on the sides and 20 on the rear and I dont' like how dark it is at night. You can't really tell what kind of car is behind you with that % (i'm careful about having cops behind me ;)).

I feel 35% is a VERY happy medium between being legal, being able to see out at night and being dark looking during the day :)

Back