Removing emblems

H

hakushi no sakura

How do you remove the emblems on the P5? Is it just glued on? Or are they sorta bolted on like those Honda ones? I tried taking a hair dryer and heating it up and taking a fishing line to pull it off, but, it won't come off. It feels rock solid. Is my hair dryer not hot enough or is there another way to do it?

There are going to be holes left in the body when you remove them. I don't see why yours arent coming off very easy, though, I accidentally knocked off the one that says MAZDA on the liftgate.

There are 2 alignment posts under each of the emblems. I've got mine taken off. We ended up welding the holes from the inside and then we removed the spoiler and repainted the trunk. mwuhahaha :D

Hmm .. holes, that's not good :( I was hoping it's a quick job, but if i gotta fill it up and repaint it and everything, forget it.

You don't really have to weld the holes. You could just fill them. Although it won't last as long.

And you don't have to repaint the whole trunk. I'm just a nit-pick about that stuff :D. You could just sand and repaint the needed areas.

Just my .02 cents.

Back