Hard braking scraping front.

A

afrey2002

Does anyone else's car scrape when the brake hard? I've had like 3 or 4 instenses where Ihad o brake suddenly and the front bottom of he car totally scratches. But then again it might be becaus I've got 17" wheels and extra low profile series tires. It just scrapes to much so might figure stock one's might do it too.

MINE DOESNT SCRAPE WHEN I BREAK HARD N I GOT 18 WITH LOW PROFILE AND LOWERED 2 INCHES IN THE FRONT AND 1.7 IN THE BACK

I may be wrong but my guess would be that you are mistaking the ABS kicking in for the car scrapping. You can feel the brake pedal bump up into your foot, and it sounds real bad... well thats our ABS system. Its happened to me, and i thought it was scrapping at first but after a while i realized it was just the ABS. But im not 100%. Any other suggestions?? :confused:

It's definitely the ABS system. It makes a ridiculously loud scraping noise while stopping, but it does stop us!

Yor damn right twa!!! The ABS system really sucks. Okay maybe if your on pavement it won't be so bad, but up hear in canada, in the snow, it goes off at every damn stop unless I drive like my old man. Way too sensitive. And as you were saying makes one hell of a noise, and doesn't stop the damn car. I can't imagine how this is supposed to be more secure... Its nearly gotten me into an accident on multiple occasions. Is it just me, or would everybody like to see a recall for this POS ABS system!!!!!!

no, ryan. the abs system, even if you don't believe it, helps you out. and the reason it always goes off is cause youre locking up your wheels. the reason for abs is so you can still control your car. it doesn't necissisarily stop you faster, but at least you can steer when stopping.

it's the anti lock brakes.
if it isn't then something is wrong with my brakes too.

Actually I like the ABS system, it is loud but I think it works just fine and I think it does a handy job of stopping! If you have winter sneakers on your car you'll notice a significan improvement in stopping power as well.

NO PROBLEMS HERE I AM DROPPED 2 OR SO INCHES IN THE FRONT AND 1.5 OR SO IN THE BACK....AND NO SCRAPING HERE....ANYONE GOT CAMBER PROBS YET?? AND MYK E DANGEROUS HOW DID YOU LOWER YOUR CAR???

Back