Fog lite re-wiring

K

Korey Chaos

I didnt get a chance to copy the information about re-wiring the fog lites so that just the fogs and the side markers are on without the regular lites being on. Can someone post what to do again.. :( :D

Man, that's been posted about 20 times between here and the MP3 site. just do a search and you'll find it.

hey korey i found on the performance site, it was posted by sttlo13, here it is,and i quote ;

Hell, I've put this on every other board, might as well post it here: Pull off the side panel of the drivers dash (between the dash and the door), it's just clips and pulls directly off. You'll access the wiring behind the fog light switch here. Look up under the dash, above where your left foot sits. There's four electronic boxes, the smallest (Black) one is the fogs relay. Feel it click as you turn the fogs on and off from the switch. Find the red wire going into the relay, and cut it. Connect a piece of wire to the red wire going into the relay, and run it up to the fog switch. Insulate the other end (no short circuits here). At the fog switch, tap that new wire into the light green/black wire, and you're done. Now the fogs come on with parking lights and headlights. They'll still shut off with high beams, though. I'm still working on that solution. -------------------- Mark
hope it helps

Guvy

Thanks, Guvy. It's been a lazy week, and I really didn't feel like typing it out again.

to keep em one with the highbeeams can't you run the wire as mentioned above, AND run the same red wire to the highbeams power as well? so when the power cuts off for one, the other will shunt in. Just gotta find a wire for the brights...

Back