SCCA Autocross - 3Com Park San Francisco 2/17/2002

I was there last time and I'll be there again. Anyone in the area should come by, it's a good show. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad. :)

Well, I was there and saw no other MP3's! Maybe the weather scared you all off! The track conditions were horrible and my near balding Dunlops provided me with a wild ride through the sand dusted concrete. I was absolutely horrible and put on quite a show with a fantastic spin on my last run. Regardless I still came in Second place behind a 98 Dodge Neon ACR who complained that my wheels were too big and that 17's aren't legal in GS. They are, of course, since that is where my car is classed and it came stock with the 17's. Oh Well, Here's the times (It was a very long course):
run1: 79.544
run2: 78.046
run3: 99.192+1 (big 'ol spin and only 1 cone!)
here's a link to all of the results:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2002/Championship/round2.html

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Carson Black ]

Sweet runs. Hope you had a blast. Looking through your cars in the classes, I'm still trying to figure out how a camaro got into GS out here last weekend.
Thanks for posting the link to the results too. That's nice. Wish the local club would get their sh*t together and post our results. I want to see it all official like. :)
:cool:

V6 Camaros are in GS. They suck, so it's not a problem!
It's the Celica and Neon that give me troubles.

AND if any of the Civic or CRX Si's showed up with a decent driver they would be tough competition. And I've seen a Tiburon go pretty quick. The Mazda 323 GTX can be a tough customer, but there's hardly any of them in stock form anymore. Nissan Sentra SE-R is also a tough one. The Volkswagen 1.8T could also be a tough bastard. GS is not any easy class to comete in by any stretch of the imagination.

Back