the next mazdaspeed

Lets see, it gets a new suspension, some wheels, and maybe an intake and exhaust? lol... Mazda better drop the 2.0 in there with a supercharger or at least a v6.

I don't think Mazda is doing enough with the mazdaspeed namebrand to show people that they want to make performance cars. They should put that renesis engine in their...

from the article regarding the 2003.5 msp

The front end also has big, fat breathing holes for the front brakes in the space formerly occupied by the fog lights.

wow, so an actual functioning air duct for cooling the brakes? nice!

yup, the aussies have had a turbo miata for a long time. this is not a really big deal. We have just been left out of the loop for years.

Mazda screwed the Mazdaspeed franchise already. They might as well forget it all together.

1. 2003 were late, and had problems.
2. 2003.5's are late and are going to have the same problems because Mazda hasn't fixed them yet....ie. clunk, stalling, faulty hoses etc.
3. Mazda's promise of supplying Mazdaspeed add ons under warranty was a bunch of PR bulls*** that never happened, doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

Mazda's so called more performance on the miata better be more appealing then just adding 30hp this time, and if it's not on time ( which I won't be surprised, this s*** has been going on since the intro on the tribute) they might as well dig a grave for the Mazdaspeed franchise.

from what i understand it will be a super-charged miata...we expect it to land sometime late fall or early winter.

There is a lot of hype going around the next miata. I've read that it's supposed to get the new Renesis engine. I have also heard at a car show that it's supposed to be supercharged instead.

i just asked my manager about the mazdaspeed miata. he said that mazda's estimating around 200 horsepower in a miata....damn.

Just remember, to drive a miata requires you to swing in the other direction. Regardless if it's supercharged or rotorfied...

haha

"The front end also has big, fat breathing holes for the front brakes in the space formerly occupied by the fog lights."

thats a nice way of putting it

Motor Trend's latest issue has a brief article on the Mazdaspeed Miata; 180 horsepower, turbocharged and intercooled, upgraded suspension, interior and brakes.

Turboge - And what does being Canadian have anything to do with it? Yeah, I guess being in California you see miatas at every street corner! However, here, they are pretty rare. And, there are some amazing miatas in Edmonton. Out of the tops ones, there is a monster miata running a Kenne Belle supercharge and nitrous and another guy running 253WHP@15psi. Definitly sleeper worthy!

Back