Can Someone explain this for me?

Last weekend, MP3girly, my brother and I were at the street races. When we got there, the cops were just breaking it up so we didn't even stop. We just went to this gas station so that Shawn could use my cell phone. So we are standing by our cars and a cop walks up and asks what we are doing. Shawn says "I am just using the phone". Well he continues to tell us that we need to leave or he will tow our cars. Once again shawn tells him that she is using the phone and we will leave as soon as she is done. Then he tells us that "we can talk on the phone when the cars are moving"!!! Most of the time, people tell you to pull over when you want to talk on the phone but he was telling us to drive and talk on the phone. I guess he thought we were just being stupid kids at the street races. But still, we were talking on a phone in an empty parking lot. Why did he have to kick us out?

And for those of you who live in Houston, this was at Rankin.

well, when i go to rankin, there is 1 principle: don't **** with the cops - they know what is going on!
i would have just gon in the car..oh and btw: what do you think the altezzaS on yours and a MP3 flag to a cop? streetracer! :D
i had flashing lights behind me last nite at rankin, but the cop pulled the trans am next to me over :)

Yeah I know he knew we were there for the races. But still, we were at that mobil, on the side just talking on the phone. Yeah that rankin situation is nuts, the best street racing I have seen. I don't fight with the cops down there. I am just polite and so are they most of the time. This guy was polite too but I just don't know why he wouldn't let us sit there for 3 minutes.

That would suck if you had been pulled over. Were you doing anything illegal? I am really careful when I am there. I don't do anything even remotely wrong.

i didn't do anything, maybe 52 in a 50...i mean, it's not quite my first time at rankin... even more was i surprised when i saw the lights behind me!
but well, i knew he ncouldn't o me s***, so i didn't really care too much about it....

oh well, im gonna leave to meet JayRCR...
GreetZ

The cops in Texas are assholes. At least the one that pulled me over was. I flew to Dallas on a business trip last year, and on the way back to the airport I got pulled over in my rental car for doing 35 in a 30. The cop treated me like I robbed a bank or something. He said, did you know that you were speeding, I said no, I didn't see any speed limit signs. Then he looked at my liscense and said "maybe people are ignorant in Hawaii, but here in Texas that is no excuse." Then after he wrote the ticket, he said something like I better pay it, or I won't be allowed in that state again. All that for going 5mph over the speed limit!

Swimmer,

That sounds unreal! I am not calling you out, but usually they are not that damn frank. He must have been a ignorant asshole! Anyway, cops in arlington are usually pretty kool.

most of the cops that I have met have been nice. This guy wasn't really being an ass but he was just being irrational. He could have let us talk on the phone for a min. But whatever. I am not pissed about it.

Back