Autocross is fun

mp3girly

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #719
I had the time of my life today. I'll admit.. I never really pushed my car until today. And I didn't push very far, either, but it's more than I usually do. What motivated me to do that? Well... I bummed a ride off a guy with a blue WRX wagon. Holy s***. This guy was crazy. He threw his car everywhere. I was holding on for dear life, but it was so much fun! For the one run I rode with him, we narrowly missed a zillion cones and barely stayed on track. I finally, finally realized that you can really go quite fast and still stay in control. My dad said that between my first race and my second race, I changed drastically. Shaving seven seconds off my time, he said I practically attacked the slaloms.. when before, it had looked like I was looking for a place to park.. just taking my sweet time. So that's my story.

Another highlight was watching the old, loud as hell RX-7 go flying around a turn.. while its muffler went flying the opposite directon. Then it was louder than hell. o_O

But I am exhausted and now I will go to bed. Yay!

Obviously this is something I need to start doing with my car,....Think i will again once the weather in nice again in Toronto...DAMN WINTER!!!

Back