Look at what I have to put up with (PICS)

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
My bestfriend/roomate can be pretty annoying sometimes. He's always buying new toys for his WRX Wagon. Just look at this list so far: STI Seats, STI Carbon Fiber Side markers, STI Fog light covers, Carbon Fiber hood, Volk LE-37K's (rare), Blitz Intake, Blitz BOV, Prodrive Big Brake Kit, Tein S-Tech Springs, Tec II engine management, upgraded turbo (PE 18/20), Vishnu Racing Up pipe, Cusco Downpipe, HKS Titanium Exhaust, S.S. Brake lines, Defi Guages, HKS Equal Length Header, and god knows what else he's ordered. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know what I have to put up with everyday, here are some pics N'Joy
Pre Carbon Fiber Hood
6056299-911d-02540119-.jpg

View

View

View

View

More pics to come as soon as I can find them. :D

I bet that wagon has 300, maybe more, HP @ the engine. A redneck in a Camaro getting beat by a wagon would be funny, thats why he got a wagon =)

Originally posted by 00BlackCelicaGTS:
<STRONG>one question: why a wagon? :confused:</STRONG>

Hehe, I knew I was gonna get that question. he bought it because you're less likely to see a hooked up WRX wagon. As a matter of fact, I've yet to see another on the roads. Could be for a reason though too ;) . Of all the WRX's delivered to the US from Japan, I think something like 10% or 15% of them were wagons, so they're somewhat rare.

Oh, and to those who are wondering about the windshield banner. REDLINEMOTORSPORT is our car club. When I lived in Michigan, I hung out with those guys all the time. They and a few other clubs out there helped put the Michigan import scene on the map. If you guys get the chance, you should check out there message board and other parts of their site. We all got to meet Paul Walker, (star of Fast & the Furious) at a special screening out there. Look under the events section "Paul Walker interview".

Anyway, once we decided to move out to Cali, my best friend decided to ask the crew if we could start a California branch, and they said yes. So noq we're trying to get the crew started and suprisingly, I've had quite a few people ask to join. Thanks for replying. I need to upload all the other pics again tonight for you guys to see. Damn Clubphoto.. :D

Hey guys, I decided to register on here and contribute what I can to it and answer a few questions about the ride.

Why wagon?? Simply because 20% of the WRX's are wagons, so they are a lot more rare than the sedan.

Plus, every one and their mother will be hooking up the sedan, while there are only a few of us that will be going all out with the wagon.

And yes, I love the look on people's faces when they get put down by a wagon!! :p

Not 300 yet, but in two to 4 weeks, I will be looking at a 400 crank hp wagon. I will be putting on the TEC II and doing some tuning with Shiv Pathak from SCC on the dyno to get some maps for the TEC EMS!!

Thanks for the compliments guys and I'll keep you guys updated. Nice board by the way.

about the wagon comment, i wasnt trying to give you a hard time about it, i was just curious

its an awesome car, and i dont think i want to mess with it ;)

Yup, that was us. My MP3 was parked outside. :) I almost entered it just for the hell of it. :p Of course I wasn't expecting to win any trophies...it's all about going through the experience.

Originally Posted By subywan-kenobi:
Not 300 yet, but in two to 4 weeks, I will be looking at a 400 crank hp wagon. I will be putting on the TEC II and doing some tuning with Shiv Pathak from SCC on the dyno to get some maps for the TEC EMS!!
Hmm, this coming from the guy who swore up and down you can't get 265 whp on an Integra LS with just a turbo kit running 6psi?

Sorry man, but your lack of knowledge and flaming me before you even make an effort to look at the facts has lost my respect. Stop thinking you know it all and actually do some research before you post a flame. I got something for that wagon there, its the same color too.

NC my buddy, do you actually know what you are talking about. He said CRANK Horsepower Do us both a favor.....take a trip to The I-Club, do some research on all-wheel drive vehicles and how that tranfer power to the wheels and come back when you too have the required knowledge to spout of numbers. I too have been involved with Honda for more than 4 years and have seen all the talkers like yourself and know my WHP numbers and BHP aka "crank horsepower quite well too. As a matter of fact, here are some numbers to back my statement up, look at the F-Max Turbo Kit for the GSR, which is better quality than the Drag kit. Do take notice that they produce 244 whp @ 8-9psi. Are you still gonna try to tell me that a turbo'd Integra LS with the same t3/t4 turbo will produce 25 more whp at 2 psi lower. :rolleyes: I didn't think so.

The only thing you are right about is that an turbo'd Integra LS may better low end response than a turbo'd GSR at lower RPM's due it having a lower compression. But it still won't be faster or put out higher peak WHP numbers than the GSR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.......please think before you post. :) Knowing the facts aswell as the numbers is what separates an idiot from an a**hole.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

Yes I am trying to tell you that an Integra LS with 2 psi less boost will produce ~265 whp. If you don't believe me read the post, I put links to 2 different articles say power was 286 @ the crank, and 250 something at the wheels. Do I really have to provide more links to prove myself?

subywan-kenobi-Nice job on the REX. How much boost are your running? Any 1/4 mi. Times? Please tell me you have an upgraded clutch.

something about subaru's i dont like.
sure the number are good but something else is'nt right.
anyone?
i had(sigh)a 91 eclips gsx awd turbo
and i test drove the new wrx.
i would take my old 91 over the wrx anyday
and it was stock
i'm not hating just tring to see if anyone else has the same feelings.
head on collision killed the gsx :(

why a wagon? cause wagons are the s***. everyone has fast coupes and sedans but wagons are rare. another bad ass wagon to drool over is the audi S4 avant. the model avialable only in germany has 385hp and all-wheel drive. now if i only had 70k...

Back