Dance Dance Revolution

BigBlue

Contributor
Ok I'm just posting completely off topic things today...then again this is the off topic forum!

I was actually over at mp3girly's website and reading her "About me" info(yes I actually do that sort of thing when I've got free time at work) and noticed she played it(well she at least mentioned it).

Does anybody here play it....or has even heard about this game?

As a general lowdown on this game, it's an arcade game and also is available for the Playstation and the Dreamcast. You stand on a platform that has four arrows(up,down,left and right). Music plays and there are a set of arrows on the screen that are also up,down,left and right. As the music plays, arrows scroll up the screen from the bottom and when they intersect with the ones on the top, you hit the direction called for on the dancepad with your feet.

Sounds easy, but can be quite tough when the arrows start coming in pairs for jumps and very quickly. I just absolutely LOVE this game and have the home version which I play mostly. If you are looking for a fun way to lose weight it works great too...I've dropped some major pounds off and am in the best shape ever thanks to this game(lol no I don't get a cut from profits by praising the game).

Basically I'm just trying to find out more about what all my fellow MP3 owners(or car lovers in general) do for fun.

Most of my friends make fun of me for it, but yes I play it all the time. It is fun and like you said, it is a good work out. MP3girly is awesome at it, but I still think I can beat her at the home version ( yeah that's right shawn, bring it.) I have only played in the arcade a few times, which is totally different from the pad at home but it is still tons of fun. Most people will make fun of it until they try it. So before you bash anyone on this thread, go play the game semi-seriously and then try to tell me you didn't have fun.

Yeah I'm trying to get all my friends hooked....it's actually amazing tho because the ones who actually took the time to give it an honest chance have ended up starting to play it a lot.

When I was in Toronto, I played it quite a bit in the arcade as they have it in a lot of arcades there....here in Winnipeg, we only have two machines in the entire city...how sad!

You are right, the arcade experience is quite different....lol I actually "modded" my pad at home so it has a piece of plywood under the pad and a piece of clear plastic on top of the pad and this lets me play with shoes on as well as making it way more responsive.

Just curious as to what level you play at....in terms of "feet" difficulty that is....I can handle 7 footers and on occasion an eight foot song. 9 foot songs own me tho and I don't have a prayer on them! I'll keep practicing tho! :)

Res-san, I've said it again and again. I totally 0wn j00 wherever and whenever we play.

Anyway.

Geez Blue, I think you're a lot better than I am. I'd be able to get up that high if my stamina was better, I tire out really fast. I gotta start going to Celebration Station and playing more!

yeah I play 4 and 5 foot songs. Not as hard as the ones you do. Alright shawn, it's on. You will get owned next time I'm in houston.

on the topic of DDR, my roommate and I are playing it right now. What fun... He just failed hahahah oh well my turn.

Lol...hmmm maybe I've been playing it too much...? :D I think I'll be playing it tonight too...i basically do it as my daily exercise for an hour or so. What version do you play? I've got 3rd,4th and 5th mix as well as the US released version.

Here at college we have the greatest hits and disney versions. At home on my PS2 we only have the US version. It is a great game, perfect for parties with people who don't mind a little humiliation hahah

I only have the USA mix, and that's all the arcades here have, but I went to Las Vegas and played 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th mixes, which totally 0wn.

And there's no such thing as playing too much!

Res-san, I keep putting up these challenges but you seem to fail to ever show me up. Come on! =P

I played the game onece at Main Event in Grapevine. I was owned from the moment I placed my feet on the pad. I think I accidentally picked a higher level than I should have! :D Anyway, when I was done, I turned slowly around to leave. I hoped noone was watching (Besides my brother), but everyone saw! Practice is needed!

Alright, it's on MP3Girly. I will show you next time I am in houston. I will win and you will say "what the hell? You won. You are so much better than me" Then you will proceed to buy me a complete turbo system for my car.

Hell, if you beat me, I'll buy you all the shizat you need for lowering, too. :p

Oops, better start practicing..

So what do _I_ get if _I_ win?

Aww, just a pat on the back? Maybe that's equal to the lowering stuff, but you gotta admit that a turbo would just be too cool.. you gotta come up with something that'd match the turbo.

Ok how about the black steelies and tires in my garage. And hell, I'll throw in the two, yes TWO, custom cracked hubcaps. You won't see those anywhere else. Is that good enough for you?

Back