Thinking of Getting A Mazada 6...

I've been looking around at a couple cars lately, and i seem to like the Mazda 6 the best out of all of them. Couple questions for you guys, since most of you have em allready and know more about Mazda's then most...

1. When is the 2004 Model Supposed to come out, and what improvements are going to be made? Other then the common idea of not buying the first release of car, is there any real big reason to wait?

2. Whats the standard sound system like? Does it sound good cranked up?

3. I'm looking at the Mazda6s - Auto. Any comments on the speed/ handeling, ect. of that model

4. What options/packages did you get with your's, or do you wish you got? Any one find the options they added really worthwhile, or really pointless.

I know it's alot, hopefully you guys can help answer my questions. This really is a sweet ass car...

Frank

I don't have mine yet. It's being built as of the 21st. But I can tell you that it is not the first production year. It was released in Europe and Japan a year ago. The 'first' model here is really the second year production model.

Stock system is ok for a stock system, cranked up? well its a stock system. I wasnt real impressed with the bose audio uprgrade but there will be many ppl that will probably scream at me for saying that. I think the sport packagage would be worth it, but I didnt want black interior (although the guages are pretty sweet!), and winters could be kinda harsh here so I figured that would just be more stuff to hang up in snow banks, it also rides just a little softer w/ the 16" rims. I have the mtx, I test drove an auto and thought it was a little soft, but really not bad. The v6's are pretty quick, even with the auto and this car handles much better than I expected a FWD car to, I havent had a chance to do back to back runs against the focus on my favorite curvy road but gut feeling says it will smoke it. The leather in mine is really nice, seats are firm but conform well to the posterior. Gas mileage actually seems to be doing pretty well for a brand new car. Hope this helps, let me know if you want anything more specific.

gruss said:
I wasnt real impressed with the bose audio uprgrade but there will be many ppl that will probably scream at me for saying that.

Not me, just more junk to rip out and replace. Not to mention harder to work with.

My dad is going down to Mazda on Saturday to look at the Mazda6. He wants the V-6, the add-on kit, and I'm pretty sure he said the manual tranny(lots of other stuff, but nothing special). Regarding the Bose stereo, how much does it cost?? He won't want to upgrade to aftermarket speakers, so chould I convince him to at least get the BOSE, or is it a waste of money? He doesn't listen to anything with bass, so that's not important(well, it is to me, but he'll be driving it more). Just to keep this all in one post, does anyone make lowering springs or other mods for the 6 yet? Thanks everyone :)

The Bose system is the most useless hunk of monkey s*** in the world.
Oh and I ma being kind!
(rofl)
I wouldn't pay a dime for it and would aviod it at all costs.

How much is it to upgrade?? What all does it change, just the speakers, or does it add power too?

My guess is an amp and a hide away sub.
It didn't sound a damn bit better to me though.
They don't let me take cars apart in the showroom.
although I did try to take off and MSPs door panel when my dealer wasn't looking, wasn't quick enough :D.

Back