Supercharged SVT Focus

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
Ok, I'm officially mad now. Jackson Racing slapped one of their blowers on the SVT Focus and revealed it at SEMA.
pic01.jpg

Result.....a increase in torque and hp of 45%. 231hp and 178lb ft of torque. Not sure if those number are to the wheels or at the fly. Either way you look at it, that's pretty impressive. 50 state legal too. I'm starting to feel like the Subaru 2.5RS owners, we keep getting over looked by the aftermarket. Of course, I'm still keeping my MP3........for now. ;)

Not sure if I ever mentioned it, but I actually sent a long email to Jackson asking about the possibility of a supercharger for the MP3/Protege...after getting no response, I resent the original email and they wrote back saying they would not be making one for our car. :(

Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to make a "custom" supercharger in the same way that spoolin made a custom turbo for his car?

Reading stuff like this does get me ticked tho...I mean I'd spend the money for sure if giving the chance...I'd jump at the chance to get anywhere near 200 hp.

What is their E-mail? We should all write to those asses and tell them to make a supercharger for our cars. Ask them why they are not making them now.

Here's a copy of the email I sent....it may have inaccuracies in there as I'm not as knowledgable about cars like a lot of you here. Hehe take note of how I offered to make a "sacrifice" and they could put the supercharger on my car. Their email is jacksonracing@mossmotors.com.....everybody should send them emails I agree.
"Greetings

As an industry leader in the field of superchargers, I am certain that you receive many emails of exactly this sort
on a daily basis.

I am the recent proud new owner of the limited edition Mazda MP3 which is in essence the same engine as the 2.0 liter Protege and is an engine shared by the new Protege5 that is selling quite well by reports I have heard.

Naturally my question is in regards to the plans of Jackson Racing to develop a supercharger for this line of engines/cars.
I have been lucky enough to find a website(www.mazdamp3.com) that features a coming together of the many MP3 owners as
well as other Protege owners and there has been an overwhelming show of desire for there to be a supercharger developed for
our cars. Although nimble and quite nicely equipped with many sporty features, the most common complaint(as I'm sure you are also
used to hearing) is that people would like more power at the wheels. To many, a supercharger is a perfect solution.

I am not an motor engineer even in the least so I do not know all that entails the design of a supercharger, but I am sending this email as a request that it be looked into for this engine/car series. I know ultimately that it comes down to bottom line and return on investment and naturally I can see where you would be coming from in that. Please consider though that the engine that beats within my car is shared
by other platforms as well and I know for a fact that people are just waiting for someone like yourselves to come to market with a quality product that you are known for.

I would like to be of any assistance I can(to the point of even volunteering my own MP3 as a guinea pig testing platform of sorts) if it will mean that my fellow car enthusiasts can get that which they desire most...more power."

Back