New RX-3

Hello fellow Mazda owners! I though I'd bridge the gap between us "old school" Mazda/Rotary Fans and you new-school MP3, PR5 folks. I don't know how many of you come over to the rotary-community websites, or how often, but here is something that may interest you

Earlier this year rotarynews.com ran a Predictions and Speculation story. Well, Mazda took notice! We cannot say much out right now.. But if you'd like to leave a comment
do so here
and there may be a new RENESIS Powered RX-3 coming out of Japan!

no s***! an entry level RX?????

when will THAT ever happen????

come on! don't keep us guessing! what did Mazda tell you????!!!???

That small pic they have is sweet....looks like an mp3 with the headlamps and grill from a skyline. Love to own a rotary, just never have had the cash

Sounds cool to me, would this be a Miata replacement or a MX-3 revival?

question is, if they are building a subcompact RWD rotary coupe for 20k, that may eat away some sales from the base Miatas, which starts at around 21k

i would figure Mazda don't even want to mess with Miata's success formula, or throw something in their lineup that may compete with it price and performance-wise

Those of you have someting to say, please do!

I've already done it twice! I want to see a fastback/hatchback 2+2 coupe made!

:D

2 front seats + 2 virtually useless rear 'seats' in a 2-door coupe body.

for example, a Celica is considered a 2+2 because the rear seats are virtually useless for sitting by a full-size adult.

ZoomZoomH said:
2 front seats + 2 virtually useless rear 'seats' in a 2-door coupe body...
and you have the Acura RSX and Mustang to name a few more - but 2+2's really should not be useless rear seats for adults. My 1990 Probe had pretty good back seats, as long as you weren't over 6 feet tall and hit a speed bump ... ouch sorry about that bump on the head Rick, hope you've forgiven me!

;)

Hey, does anyone remember the old 1963 Studebaker Avanti? Classic 2+2.

:)

Last edited:
I would figure coupes w/ 'usable' rear seats like RSX and Mustang are classified as '4-seat coupe'

it's all marketing term i tell ya....

LinuxRacr said:
That would be sweet as hell! That pchoped picture looks dope!:eek:

Well, thanks. It isn't what the official version will look like, but we'll see when the concept is out (if it comes out... ;) )

If anyone else wants to chop up a pic of a protege or other small car and turn it into a "Retro-Tech" RX-3, consider this an official PhotoChop® Challenge

1st entry for PhotoChop challenge

rx-3_colored.jpg

okay here ya go, my take on the RX-3. I have never pieced so many cars together, and I know in some spots it is very obvious, but I mean this is just for fun, I'm not getting paid for this one...am I? comment away!! and come on people I know I am not the only here who has some free time to spare....gawd I hope I am not the only one... *steps away*

:eek: no FWD!

it would have to be RWD. make it a $17k hardtop and it won't come close to appealing to the miata's core customer base.

Back