Project 51 > Everyone please READ!!!

Antoine

Administrator
Okay boys and girls, at a undisclosed secret desert location...the worlds top scientist, physicist, chemist, and few other people are working day and night on a new top secret project code named: "project 51".

Project 51 will become the latest incarnation of MazdaMP3.com and Protege5.com. We cannot complete this mission without vital input for YOU!!!

So I'm starting this thread to generate new ideas and most importantly satisfy you guys and gals...so let’s hear it…don’t be shy…speak your mind…what do you feel is the most important thing/s that should be in Project 51…in other words what would you REALLY like to see/have on the site…we will try our best to make it happen!

Antoine & Enry…oh and our secret staff of top scientist, physicist, chemist, and few other people.

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds 10…9…8…7…

Is there any way with UBB to sort of mirror a board? If so, I could mirror this board on my website so if this one goes down people can still post on the boards. It's a shot on the dark, but would be cool to have a backup.

well I like both boards (mazdamp3.com/protege5.com) but All thats really needed is one board...
both cars use mainly the same parts etc so no need to have both areas..also..I'd love to see a member section (where you can post your cars mods and pictures....have it broke up into regions
MW USA?EAST USA?EAST CANADA etc...

Gotta have a "Racing Stories" section :)
It would also be good to have an E-mail address of an Official Mazda technician to send some of our more technical questions. Also need a "Members Rides" section. A group photo would be cool to have as the home page background, we should all meet up and get a photo taken :D
I will try and think of some more stuff.

It would be cool if we could get very specific. Like, what do you really want. a FAQ database? member pages? etc... In what order? What's more important? What would be your "ideal" car website?

Ciao

we could really use a faq database. sections on do-it-yourself mods that anyone has done, like painted calipers, installing undercar neon kits, anything that an average person can do in their on garage. also, a photo gallery, not unlike our family photo forum, but more organized. we definitely need a listing of parts/mods and where to buy them, as well as car care tips, such as cleaning, maintenance, etc. a kill section on the boards would be nice. and if we all start getting into it, maybe some type of auto-x section? also...to enry, reguarding the mazdamp3.com stickers. when you run out, id like a chance to design a new version of them...i might be able to get them made too. anyhow these are just a few ideas. hope i get to see some of them used.

theres already a good faq over at www.protegeclub.com could just link to that

I like the registry but it says mp3 registry..kinda loosing out on alot of Protege5 owners ...all comes down to one board too as there are 100's more p5 owners on the net...and the cars (for the most part at least engine wise) are the same.

and like I mentioned before members ride section is a must with details and pics...

anything else is just gravy! ;P

Lar
http://www.mazdaprotege5.com

:cool:

I agree with the needing a FAQ thing. I just put in a neon kit with the help of my dad, and as simple as it is, I could give you some info on that. Also, the Injen CAI thing said that you had to take off the front bumper to put the filter in.. well since you don't, I'm betting that there are other CAI companies with instructions that don't necessarily have to be followed exactly. It would be good to have a FAQ with the easiest and most conventional ways to install and do things.

Also, yeah, we need a better registry. I think it'd be a good idea to have a "Mods" link next to the person's name. When registering, they could fill out a mods section and then when anybody was cruising the registry, they could click the link and check out what everybody's runnin'. Also, maybe put in quarter mile or 0-60 times.. there are a lot of possibilities!

A racing and ticket story form and the readers rides forum, yes, those too are needed.

Maybe also one of those things where you can change the color layout of the site with a drop down menu?

Also, we need a directory.. one for like, MP3 parts, Protege parts, Mazda stuff in general, favorite sites.. things like that.

so that's my input.. hope it goes well.

A glossary of terms related to the whole modding scene explaining parts that are commonly replaced and what they actually do in the car.

As a complete newbie to the scene, I often find I'm reading what everybody is doing to their cars and although some of the stuff I understand the point of it in the car, other parts I just kinda scratch my head.

Im still looking for a high concentration on the "SHOP" section. With pics, links, prices.

Also, and i dont know if it is possible, but somehow hook up with japanese sites with product for sale and info on what comes out now, not four months later when we get it.

I like the one board idea. The link to protegeclub.com is a bad idea in my opinion though. I don't like that site at all. There are a lot of assholes over there. Y ou ask simple questions and people bash you or smart off to you. Not all of them are like that, but mostly the moderators are ego freaks that think they know all. So I say keep the FAQ here. Just my 2 cents.

A dedicated autocross section where people could share setup tips wheel/tire choices, and list autocross events in their area. Maybe even equipment for sale that might be autocross specific (like air tanks and magnetic numbers).

I think there should be a technical quiz before you are given membership, just a couple questions nothing TOO hard, but hard enough so that people can be sure that others involved on the board do have some kind of understanding on how everything works. I was on http://hybrid.honda-perf.org when they adopted this and it really increased the quality of the posts.

i dont think that is a good idea. Number 1 they were already smart enough to buy an MP3, why not be able to learn more about it.

I disagree as well. I am admittedly not a car expert in any sense of the imagination, but I don't think this site is about being an elitist page where only car gurus are allowed to be members.

And not that I've noticed it hear at all, but sometimes with knowledge comes arrogance...belittling someone because they don't know something just isn't cool.

I think the board is pretty self regulating. Idiots don't get much credit here and eventually find some place else to annoy. Plus we're open to everyone and I think we all stand for treating everyone the same, even though there are people that really should have their brain checked.

Incidentally after a few days of chillage I'm back in the game but on a different continent this time. Still no permanent internet access so I can't check my mail yet, but I hope to rectify that soon. Also, what's a good car I could get here in europe? Not too expensive but still pretty performant and good looking? I heard the MP3 was being produced in europe as the MPS, any word on that?

Stay tuned for more uipdates.

Back