protege5 forum

Hey guys, got a 2002 P5, blue mica.. It's an automatic cause it's sorta going to be my daily driver. No mods yet but plans on intake/exaust as I get some money put away.

Did the P5's start with 2001 or 2002, how many did they make so far and will they continue to make them in the years to come?

Anyone have this info? Thanks... :cool:

The Protege5 is starting at 2002, there will be no limitation on protege5 and will continue on 2003.

One thing I found funny about the P5 and MP3 is. The interior is pretty much identical. Compare the to 2001 Protege Sedan, the MP3 front and interior is more like the Protege5. I wonder why Mazda don't name our MP3 as 2002 model???

I think it was suppoed to be a 2001.5 model. But yeah, I just got to get inside an MP3 the other day, and its praticly the exact same as my car, sept the stereo and a few silver-whiteish highlights.

Where you get the money to host all these sites enry? Are you some multi millionare that likes to use the internet to mingle with us commoners? :D

Pretty sure the P5 fender will fit the mp3. The cars are practically identical and swappable to the B-pillar - after that I'm not sure.

got 13,000 miles on my P5 in 5 months - still going strong - I take it everywhere.

First question is why would you want to change the fenders anyway? They are the same except for the marker light on the bumper.

If you are trying to change the headlites they are a direct bolt on so you wouldn't have to do that. I have been doing alot of research on the car via the web to find out exactly what I can and can't do to it.

Well, timne to introduce myself to another site. My name is Mike and I have owned my P5 since August 18, 2001. I have about 5,000 miles on the car so far. Mods done to it are a custom CAI (which I HAD pictured on other sites), Full stereo system (AMP, Front seperates, rear co-axles, sub which I have to build the fiberglass enclosure), alarm with auto start (stick, yes it can be done on a mazda without a problem), tint, and I have order the Racingbeat springs. I am presently in the process of getting ready to put JDM cams in the car (money is a big problem).

After several problems with other boards, I have decided to put up a yahoo group (Haven't had the best of luck getting users and postings because I'm not going to put selling tactics to get people on).

If you have a question on the electronics of the car, don't hesitate to ask and I will try to answer. :)

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

Snomongoose, you say u can put a remote start on a manual???? how much does it cost? is it bad for the car?? i have a mp3 and live outside of philly.

Paul,

It can be done. I had no problem at all putting it in on a stick. It will not start while in gear, only start in Neutral. Nice to have a wire hidden in the car for that.

I sent you an e-mail with the local shop I deal with. If you want to talk particularly about this just respond to the e-mail, I always get back to people.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

i didnt get the email. i might have erase it if i didnt reconize the name. how much does it cost and where is the instaler located?

Back