What do you guys think of the mazda RX-8?

If I got to choose, I would go for the RX-8.
It look so good, the interior and style is look higher class than RX-7. I love Mazda design.

im going to try to pay the mp3 by the end of 2002, if th rx-8 comes around higher 20s i would sell the mp3 and get that one, but if its way more than 30, i will stick around with the mp3

At first I didn't like the way the RX-8 looked.. but then I read about everything in it in the mazda owner's magazine.. and.. wow. ^_^

Hopefully it'll be good enough to carry on the rotary legacy...after the RX-7...the 8'll have to be pretty awesome...but I have confidence in Mazda.

Long live RX-7s! And stuff.

I am thinking the price will be around $35K, I read that Mazda will make it less than what the RX7 cost in America, which was $37K. I agree the price should be ~30K cause you have the S2000, $32K, and the new Nissan Z car, which I think has been said for sure to be less than $30K. Nissan Z car will have a NA V6 with 250-300 HP. If Mazda wnats to compete with Honda and Nissan they need to come doen on the price a lil, but then again they shouldn't cut corners and make a crappy sports car, hell I dunno hehe.

Personally I think the Z car doesn't even compare. A 250 hp N/A rotary in a 4-door sports car that has a 50/50 weight distribution. Even if it is priced less than the RX-7 it's a great deal...

I heard they plan on bringing out the RX-8, and then re-design the Miata w/ a possible rotary, then bring the RX-7 back to the U.S. (still available in Japan) in a better design.

I like the RX-8, it's nice to see Mazda getting back into sports cars here. Just think of the racing possibilites. A better 787B (1991 24 hours of Le Mans champion) maybe??

I am happy to see Mazda are back into the Sport cars. Other than the 626MPS, I also heard that they would be making a Miata MPS in Japan. Hopefully they can be import somehow.

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: OceanPark ]

I really like the RX-8's design, especialy the "sucide doors" and the interior over all. Plus you get a tac that go's much higher than most, wich just looks cool. hopefully they have solved a few reliablity issues with the wankle though. :)

You guys should come over to the rx7club.com/vforums and check us out over there if you want the pros and cons behind the rotary.

I will be getting an RX-8 for sure. I have 3 FC3S, second generation 7's 2 are turbo and love them. The fact that it's 250hp out of a n/a 1.3L motor is incredible. The only down side is the peak tq on it, around 160 to 170. It sounds like the feeling of an S2000, and will be very high strung as indicated by the "redline". hehe. I talk to Racing Beat almost everyday and they will have some good aftermarket stuff for it. Bring on the RENESIS.

My dad is deciding on the TT the new Z and the RX-8 for his next car. he likes the yellow rx8 the most. that would be cool bc then there would be two vivid yellow bad ass mazdas in the driveway. i think the rx8 is going to give a lot of companies a run for their money since the rx8 is going to be unbelievably low in price. and personally i think the rotary engine is one of the best designed engines ever.

chris

Yeah, and the RX-8 is the only car that come with 4 seats within it class. I think I'll consider between the RX-8 and Z type, TT is lack of power.

don't get me wrong guys the rx-8 is nice looks tight but it will never stand a chance against the 95 mazda Rx-7 Twin Turbo Specs: 0-60 5.0sec 1/4mile 13.5-13.7sec and Topspeed 167mph. I love the rx-7 and the rx-8 will not change that.

Umm.....okay. :confused: /Anyway,If they don't total my car I plan on paying it off and buying another by the beginning of next year. I'm looking to get either the RX-8, the Lancer Evolution ????, or a WRX. VERY difficult decision. (WRX with C-West body kit, rims, engine upgrades, or a new RX-8 or Evolution VII/VIII(fingers crossed). Either way, things look good for the future. As for right now.....that's another story! Jon.

Originally posted by OceanPark:
<STRONG>Yeah, and the RX-8 is the only car that come with 4 seats within it class. I think I'll consider between the RX-8 and Z type, TT is lack of power.</STRONG>

The Audi TT does not lack power. The 225 hp version is pretty fast. Stick with a hard top with quattro and it is a potent machine.

With the intoduction of the new A4, they plan on making an "S" version of the TT. Something along the lines of the present S4 motor or the new S4 motor.

tritonheat1 don't get me wrong guys the rx-8 is nice looks tight but it will never stand a chance against the 95 mazda Rx-7 Twin Turbo Specs: 0-60 5.0sec 1/4mile 13.5-13.7sec and Topspeed 167mph. I love the rx-7 and the rx-8 will not change that.

yeah...the twin sequential turbo is pretty badass...250something hp...but remember, the new renesis engine comes with 250 in N/A form...like jell-o...theres always room for a turbo

I like the looks of that car. The tail lights kinda resemble an S2000. The biggest factor for that car is going to be it's reliablity. The wankel motors have never done well unless in the hands of professional tuners. The engine has to many problems for the average consumer. If mazda has worked out the bugs with that engine I think that car will be EXTREMELY popular.

And on the topic of the Z car, I heard that it is REALLY REALLY slow. So slow that they had to redesign some things because people wouldn't want it. I can't wait to see both of these cars on the roads here in the states.

Originally posted by initialRES:
<STRONG>I like the looks of that car. The tail lights kinda resemble an S2000. The biggest factor for that car is going to be it's reliablity. The wankel motors have never done well unless in the hands of professional tuners. The engine has to many problems for the average consumer. If mazda has worked out the bugs with that engine I think that car will be EXTREMELY popular.
</STRONG>

I'd argue that the rotary is very reliable. Sure you have the chek the oil a little more often because the combustion stroke uses oil, but I guess there in lies the problem.

Anyone who understands a rotary needs slightly more user maintenance does fine with it.

Back