Winter Tire Problems!!

taolu

:
Mazda MP3 Yellow
Hi guys,
I tried to put my wheels back but when I tried to take my winter wheels out, it got rusted in the center so I couldn't get it out.. Any ideas of what I should do? I bought my winter package from tireracks. It's a Pilot Alpin. please help.

Did you try the wonderful product WD40 or some other kinda spray lubricant? It should loosen up anything like that....I'm assuming you mean you can get the lug nuts off but the hub in the center is stuck.

Kick it, No really, kick the tire with the lugs loose and see if it doesn't jar it loose. If it was just from this winter the rust should be that bad.

Tim

I'm with both the WD40 and kicking thing. Might coat it with WD40, let it sit for an hour or two, coat it again, let it sit a little longer, then kick the crap out of it. (OK, maybe not, but a good shot should work)
The longer you let the juice settle in, the better chance it has to loosen up. I've seen it recommended (unquotable source, sorry SanFran) to let it sit up to 48 hours with multiple sprayings of a lube or similar product.
Best of luck bud, but you should be OK.
:cool:

When i put my winter rims on ,I use antiseize compound(stuff used for brakes ) on the rim center and the hub center . I never have a problem removeing the rims in the spring. Avoid getting the antiseize on the wheel bolts . Malcolm Cole

The rims are rusted on THAT badly that kicking it or spraying WD40 doesn't work? Where do you live?!

WD40 works on stubborn rusted on things best by spraying the area and letting it work in between the parts overnight or longer. I still can't imagine how they got that bad. What did the wheels come from in the first place?

Back