Next Project

I am a very fortunate person. I have some money to put into a project car. I have done one before (91 300ZX - Sweet car). I wanted to know what anyone thinks would be better to do stuff too. A:

1. Mazda Miata (old body style)
2. Mazda MX6
3. Nissan 240 - I know its not a mazda, but it could be fun.
4. 90 something Ford Probe - not mazda either, cant win them all.
Those are pretty much my choices.

I like the miata. I would want to put a turbo in, but dont know where to find one. Ebay had one a while back for about 1,000 for the entire setup, including intercooler. I proably should have gotten it, but i didnt have a miata yet. Oh well. If anyone knows where i could get cheap Miata parts feel free to tell me. Well thanks for the Imput.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: MP3-BF ]

if it were me, id go with the 240...drop a sr20det in there.......maybe even the whole front clip from a silvia if you're willing to....would be a sweet car

yup i would agree with kep0. get the 240. my next project car is going to be from europe.

Straws. Hummm maybee. Talk to U later Kelli (She is my Girlfriend)

About the 240, engine drops are pricy. Does anyone know where i could get preformance parts for cheap (bodykit). Thanks

if you're willing to get a kit and get it painted...you could probably drop the det in...without spending TOO much more

i agree with raerae, go rotary i would get a first gen rx7. i almost bought one but at the time i didnt have enough of money. but there is a lot of power to unleash in the 1st gen rx7's

Originally posted by MP3-BF:
<STRONG>Straws. Hummm maybee. Talk to U later Kelli (She is my Girlfriend)

........where i could get preformance parts for cheap (bodykit). Thanks</STRONG>

I jsut had to comment, Performance, bodykit? Hmm, I think 25hp? haha Kidding!

Well dude, if you look at my signature, you'd know my obvious choice.... But, if not a Probe, I would go with the 240SX as well.. Of course, you'd need to get a newer one since they're waaayyy better looking, and also do a motor swap because stock they're somewhat underpowered...

Oh yeah, and its RWD too, which kicks ass...

Go Nissan. Get the 240 and do a Sylvia conversion. It looks really nice, and the SR20 is a great engine, so drop one in.

What i meant by preformance parts cheap (bodykit) was....

Cheap preforance parts, including the ever so popular/non preformance bodykits.

Well I Have come to the conclusion that a miata would be the way to go. If i was building the car for myself then i would go for the 240, but the car is going to be fixed up and sold so the miata can be done easier and will proably sell better.

Thanks everyone for their help. I will see if i can get some pics when it gets done, or keep posing updates on how it looks. Thanks everyone

Okay - I GOTTA speak up here-

In your list, the most fun car is the Miata - hands down. You can push tons of HP into one - in fact, 5.0L and 4.6L Mustang motors (supercharged, even) have been fit in - you wanna talk out of control??

You need to use the Mustang tranny, also - the Miata's 5-speed can't handle that kind of power.

I owned a '93 Miata, and even though I LOVE my Pro5, I miss that car every damn day - tiny, light, rear-wheel drive - incredibly tossable and fun, even with the 1.6 - it's still a freakin' blast. And the mods are there to use the little motor and still get a HUGE power-to-weight ratio.

In case you can't tell - I'm saying GO MIATA!!

I have had a couple RX-7's and they are delightful cars.

I now have a 99 Miata and a 93 MX-6 V6 as well as the MP3. I think that the MX-6 may be the best stock car I have owned. I am told that it can be a real pain to modify. The MP3 has about 10 years to go to catch up to the MX-6 for durability.

Of the entire lot, I think that the Miata has the best aftermarket support. It also has a long history of surviving all the modifications that their owners can throw at them. If you cruise the Miata net you will find the somebody has done anything to a Miata you can imagine at least twice. Including stuffing a V-8 in it. A couple of companies produce either a turbo or supercharger kit for the Miata. The engine in the Miata was orginally designed to be turbocharged. I guess this is a long way around saying get the Miata.

hey jays2000zx3 how do i get that little guy to piss for me? My friend has a gay hyundai and i want to make him piss on it!

I know its not on the subject, but just a suggestion... why dont you try '95 eclips GST, it has many body and suspension parts. Price is about $ 5000- $ 7000 depending on condition .Moreover, the 4G63 T engine is very reliable that can handle up to 360 + hp (according to japenese meg) without any internal modification.
good luck with your project.... ;)

MIATA

Go Miata all the way! I have a 96 and the aftermarket is endless. Many companies offer both S/C and T/C kits. Already a great handling car, very easy to make it even better!

Latest posts

Back