Probe pics

jon93PGT

These are some pics of the two Probes listed in my signature. Not the best pics, but very sweet. Also, the red Probe has the same engine as the MP3... Very nice...
psetint.jpg

newdashsts_copy1.jpg

nosbottle.jpg

nosengine.jpg

mvc024bs.jpg

mvc015as.jpg

Nice pics. i heard also that the probe has the same engine as our mp3 , is it true that you put the header from probe in the mp3?

"ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM"

Yeah, thanks for the replies! As for the engine, as you can see in pics of the red Probe, yes, it is the same engine (code FS03) as the MP3. You guys have some new sensors and probably more technology hence you getting like 135 (?) HP out of it while that 96 Probe only has 118 stock (notice, I said stock.... :D ) As far as I know, the header by Bosal for the 2.0 Probes should cross right over. Of course, if a local Cali guy wants to let me crawl under his MP3 and look it over, I'd more than give you guys some definite answers... ;)

Yeah

Hey, I had one of those too!
5 Speed PGT w/Clutchmasters Stage 1, Lightened Factory Flywheel, Catco hi-flow converter, CAI, NGK,Plugs/Wires, and 65mm TB. :)

PGT-Drvr-Side.jpg

Damn fun cars...

Argh I hate setting myself up to look dumb cuz I'm not that knowledgable at times about similarities/differences but I'm pretty sure that the Probe and the MP3 do NOT share the same engine(not that the Probe engine isn't nice). The MP3 does share the same engine with the Protege5 and also the 2.0 liter Protege models.

Our engine code is not FS03...it's FS-DE(help me out here people in case I make a mistake). The 10 hp difference of 140 for our MP3s over the other engines is due from us having advanced timing on it...basically if a Protege5 had our ECU, they'd get that extra 10hp

It's "Basically" the same engine, Yes it has a few minor things different than our mazda's. I am unsure of all the details but I am sure you can find someone on this board to school us on the subject.
You are correct about the advanced timing in the MP3.:cool:

Hey Jon?
Do you know anything about the internals of the FS03?
Like is anything forged?
How much boost can they withstand?
If it would fit in an MP3?
Would the Transmission?

I may be needing an engine and I am trying to find out some of my options?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me with. ;)

Last edited:
Re: Yeah

goodness, you REALLY dug up an OOOOOOLD post.

fastdrvr23 said:
Hey, I had one of those too!
5 Speed PGT w/Clutchmasters Stage 1, Lightened Factory Flywheel, Catco hi-flow converter, CAI, NGK,Plugs/Wires, and 65mm TB. :)

PICTURE GOES HERE

Damn fun cars...

Yeah, I got turned around after searching for something, and saw the PGT pictures... :)

Back