traffic tickets....

ok, so yeah, i've gotten my fair share of tickets so far. and i was wondering, of you guys who have an MP3, does your insurance card say MP3 or Protege? and when you got your tickets, did the cop write down MP3 or Protege? Just out of curiousity. Cuz i have an Protege5, which is different from both an MP3 and a Protege. So, let's say the cop writes Protege on the ticket, and we actually have MP3's or Protege5's...is that falsification of information?

IT SAYS PROTEGE ON YOUR CAR.
EVEN IF ITS A P5 ITS STILL A PROTEGE.
SORRY MAN. BUT GIVE IT A TRY.

My insurance card just says 2001 Mazda, the policy says "Mazda Protege ES". My insurance agent asked for information when I first got it. I said: "Protege MP3" but she couldn't find a listing for it. I finally told her that it is a Protege ES and she was happy.

(I really didn't want to find out that the insurance company thought it was a "high-performance" car and raise the rate.)

Of course now I'll find out how much my insurance company REALLY loves me.

#456/1500

Recent Mods:
got hit
:(

P.S. I wouldn't try the "they didn't write down the right model" defense. As long as the make and basic model (Protege) is correct, they've got your butt. Rereading your post, I really wouldn't try it with a collection of other traffic tickets out there.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: BondoBob ]

not trying to be a dickhead, but you might want to be careful cuz your insurance company could use the "it's an MP3, not a Protege" argument to not pay you for an accident/ claim you make.

Originally posted by zombiefreak:
<STRONG>ok, so yeah, i've gotten my fair share of tickets so far. and i was wondering, of you guys who have an MP3, does your insurance card say MP3 or Protege? and when you got your tickets, did the cop write down MP3 or Protege? Just out of curiousity. Cuz i have an Protege5, which is different from both an MP3 and a Protege. So, let's say the cop writes Protege on the ticket, and we actually have MP3's or Protege5's...is that falsification of information?</STRONG>

They can ammend the ticket (aka fix it) in court if its wrong...If you get a ticket you get a ticket...No way of squirming out of it because of "falsified info".

Latest posts

Back