Does Sub Wires Cut it?

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Do I need to rewire my Stereo to accept a better 150RMS AMP and Box?

Or can I just splice in new plugs and go...

I don't want to cook any wires or cause any fires, but I am also lazy and look for shortcuts when I can...

Look at the max output on the amp wattage wise and look at the max amperage draw. If you're running a 150w RMS amp and it's say 200w max wattage you should be able to get away with 10-8 gauge cable. The REM and RCA cables don't really matter as far as power draw, of course the better the cable the better the sound quality. Anything higher than a 200w amp you should probably be using 8-4 gauge just to be on the safe side and always use an inline fuse matched to the amperage draw of the amp as close to the battery as possible. I dont know what guage the factory 12v cable is because I have a 2.0ES but that should give you something to go off of.

Man o' man do I remeber my first wire fire. Grey smoke coming out of every where. And the smell, damn. Ever since I am always real cautious. I have ran a 1 gauge from my battery to a seperate 100a breaker. The 1/0 is because thats the only wire that fits into the battery terminal. From the breaker I have 2 gauge running back to my 1 farad cap with a 2 gauge wire on the negative post for maximum charge. From that I have 4 gauge running from the pos post to a Fosgate Punch 500a2. From there I run into a seperate buss fuse bridge where I bridge to mono. From the fuse bridge I run 4 gauge to the speakers. I am driving 2 Punch HE 12" I have a 4" Toyo 12 volt computer fan to cool the amp that runs off the remote wire. Whats nice is I have it set up on a almost universal negative system. ( running only 2 negative wires to the car and 1 positive from the battery, with a clip system running the remote wire.) so I have 4 connectors to unscrew to take the whole box out of the trunk to eliminate extra weight for serious racing...... To answer your question after I wrote the bible for no reason, "better safe than sorry." I would run 4 to 8 just to be safe and you can feel better that you wont fry the wire and can run full power to the amp.... C-ya

Back