what should i set my EQ to???

mazdamp3_18

:
06 gti, 06 evo IX
I keep toying with my settings and i cant seem to get a level i want. I listen to basically only Techno, and some rock. i always get distortion and it pisses me off bc i want a little more bass.. what should i set the sub at on the box and on the eq? what would be a good setting for the rest of the system too? i dont know a whole lot about sterio stuff i mainly know about engine and suspension stuff..

thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Chris

These are the settings used by another member - I took them from his post:

Z828 Settings

Bass Freq. 80kHz
Bass 80kHz 0
Bass Q 1.25
Bass Ext On
Mid Freq. 1.0kHz
Mid 1.0kHz +5
Mid Q 1.0
Treble Freq. 15.0kHz
Treble 15.0kHz +7
Balance 0
Fader 0
NF Level 00
HPF Front 120Hz
HPF Rear 100Hz
LPF NF 80Hz
NF Phase Normal
Volume Offset 0

Hope that helps!

I took my car to an audio place.....Because i dont know s*** about systems either....Just mods on the car is what i know........The guy completely tuned my stereo....I think it now sounds great.....it bumps very nicly.....The main thing is how it sounds to you.....You will need to adjust for different songs, that is what i was told.....I dont do it....Tommorrow or later to day I can put up what my settings are on this page...So you can try this way and see what you like...I cant remember off the top of my head...I also listen to techno and lots of rap......

This is just a matter of my opinion. But I personally think that the sub they put in the car sucks and that if you really want a quality bass sound, I would replace it with something else. I did this because I wasn't satisfied with the way the sub sounded and how loud it actually got. I replaced the box and added 2 more 10's and it sounds good now. As far as the rest of the system. It's good to go.

Reverse the polarity?

I reversed the phase on the sub (EQ setting in HU) and it seems to be a LOT louder now. Wondering if the 6x9's and sub were somewhat cancelling out in the normal phase. Anyone else experience this? Just checking!
:cool:

Back