TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR REAR DOORS

IF U LOOK AT THE REAR DOORS AT THE RIGHT BOTTOM CORNER YOU WILL SEE IT LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE SOME 5.25" SPEAKERS...I FIRST THOUGHT THEY WERE THERE BUT THEN I LOOKED AT THEM AND IT WAS EMPTY....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE CAN FIT 5.25" COMPONENT SET THERE....I WAS GOIN TO PUT 2 SETS IN BOTH FRONT AND REAR DOORS.....ANY ONE THINK IT IS STILL POSSIBLE??

I'm not a big audio expert or anything. But with 6 speakers positioned like that you're probably going to lose sound. Four speakers in a car are usually optimal [unless you're going with a large setup for shows]. I'd suggest to upgrade the 4 speakers you already have in order to increase your sound.

Just my .02

All i did was change the speakers in the front to a better ones. I left the rear door empty because of sound quality. is true if you change the setup from 4 to 6 speakers you're going to loose sound quality unless you upgrade to a proffesional application

Sound quality will depend on the amp. If, for example, you run the new door speakers direct from the deck, and separately amplify the other four, there will be no quality loss.

If the MP3 doors are the same as the P5 (my car) I believe the rear doors take 6.5" speakers.

Might not be bad to run all four door speakers off of the head unit, and separately amplify the 6x9s. But I'm a kind of a fan of having the blast of sound behind me - don't know why. Wish my P5 had nice 6x9s somewhere. I would cut into the hatchback cover behind the seats, but I need my hatch and don't have the space underneath for the speaker magnets.

Go ahead and rip the door open - see what you can get in there!

I'm not a big audio expert or anything. But with 6 speakers positioned like that you're probably going to lose sound.
You will NOT lose sound! You will definitely gain sound. Sound is produced by speakers by the amount and speed with which they push air. More speakers mean more air being pushed therefore, you will get more sound. I would do something to attenuate these speakers a bit to just provide rear fill, but that is if you care about having a proper soundstage in the front of your car. If you want more volume then adding more speakers will help you get that. Your rear seat passengers will also be more entertained and have better sound.

Four speakers in a car are usually optimal [unless you're going with a large setup for shows]. I'd suggest to upgrade the 4 speakers you already have in order to increase your sound.
What is optimal depends on the type of vehicle the speakers are installed in, where they are installed in the vehicle and the quality of the speaker itself. Additionally, the type of music being played through the system will also dictate what is optimal. I have heard "optimal" systems with three speakers and I have heard "optimal" systems with 7 speakers and "optimal" systems with everything in between that and much more than that. Essentially, while many have made valiant efforts, what is usually considered sonically optimal can never be achieved in a vehicle anyway.

Back