mp3 pocket?

newfiep5

anyone wanna sell me a mp3 pocket for under my deck..or where i can get one cheaper then the dealer..thanks I can't even get a aftermarket pocket that fits my car

If you want I have a nice clean alternative to using the dealer kit. I used some 1/16" polished plastic that I got in a large sheet.
If you look at the sides of the radio housing they're are two nice holes perfect for bolting in a custom face. I'll be happy to get you the deminsions (minus radio cut out of course) and some plastic. Just email me if you want them.

$130?!?!?!?!?!

That's completely outta control - I thought posts quoting $70 were ridiculous (and they are).

That price is WAY out of line. For a p.o.s. plastic pocket? C'mon.

$70 is way too much, but I'd consider it for my P5 because it looks nice. But for $130, I'd tell that dealer to order one - not for you, but to shove up their ass.

hihoslva said:
$130?!?!?!?!?!

That's completely outta control - I thought posts quoting $70 were ridiculous (and they are).

That price is WAY out of line. For a p.o.s. plastic pocket? C'mon.

$70 is way too much, but I'd consider it for my P5 because it looks nice. But for $130, I'd tell that dealer to order one - not for you, but to shove up their ass.

xxrotflmao.gif
xxrotflmao.gif
xxrotflmao.gif
xxrotflmao.gif
xxrotflmao.gif

you can buy a pocket from metra at any audio shop that sells metra for $15 bucks. You'll have to do a little work to keep it in but it beats $130. You could even get the shop to put it in for $50

Well, I wasn't gonna advertise this auction while it was running, because I wanted to win it! https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Well, I did win - $40 - not too bad. Should be here any day now.

Anyone interested in these should just keep their eyes peeled - maybe another will come up on eBay sometime.

And the price will come down at the dealer, too - eventually.

I picked this one up on ebay for $25 bills
not bad seeing as its 75 Us at the dealer

i like it alot better then the aftermarket kits...now just waiting on my alpine deck. so if your looking for one try ebay..i know theres been a few on here lately..somebody else picked up one too...

pocket1.jpg

pocket2.jpg

It's just the cubby that fills the space below the stereo if you swap out the head unit to a single DIN deck.

The Mazda MP3 has a nice pocket with a latched cover - I think Mazda jacked up the price on this one in anticipation of P5 owners begging for them.

The other option is a something custom or the cheap-looking universal pockets with no lid.

At least I got my covered one finally!

Back