Cd player skipping

mp301guy

this is driving me nuts. I have the Z919 and i have two 12inch JL audio W0's and only have 150 watts approx to each one and the are hitting so hard it is skipping my damn cds. i dont know what to do it does it on and off and i cant even turn the system up. any ideas??

One more thing did yall know the preout on our headunit is only 1.5 volts pretty bad for kenwood so i got a sony crossover and boy does it make a difference to say the least.

Mine does that too when I play normal CD's, but it doesn't skip at all when I play MP3's.
Do you have a problem with trunk rattle? I have 2 12" Kicker Comps with around 200 watts into each, and my trunk rattle is horrible.

yeah i have dynamatted my whole truck lid and the bottom and i have horrible rattling.
it rattles all the way down my exhaust to the front of the car. umm the license plate rattles like hell also. i dont know what to do.

The voltage of your preouts has nothing to do with why a sony crossover made it sound better... The reason why the crossover makes it better is that you are sending the proper frequencies to the proper speakers. A higher voltage preout will not necessarily make your system sound better and can sometimes be the source of some problems in particular sytems that have noise problems.

BTW, you sure its the bass making it skip or when you go over a bumpy section of road? I've got skippage when going over rough roads. Because the suspension is stiffer than most vehicles that can happen. Hey if you've got the 919 take it in to Mazda, say it's skipping and see if they'll replace it with an 828!
The reason it doesn't happen with the mp3s is that they are read from the disk into memory and then played. Memory will not skip. That's why those portable mp3 players are so cool for people who do sports. No skipping!

yes i am sure the bass is the thing doing it bc when i turn the bass off it stops skipping completely. It's dumb i can tap around my cd din area and it skips. It also skips going over bumpy area but i am right about the bass.

Originally posted by mp301guy:
<STRONG>this is driving me nuts. I have the Z919 and i have two 12inch JL audio W0's and only have 150 watts approx to each one and the are hitting so hard it is skipping my damn cds. i dont know what to do it does it on and off and i cant even turn the system up. any ideas??

One more thing did yall know the preout on our headunit is only 1.5 volts pretty bad for kenwood so i got a sony crossover and boy does it make a difference to say the least.</STRONG>

My system is still stock and i am having the same problem...Especially if i am on the highway and hit a little bump my cd skips...It pisses me off too

Are all of you who are having problems having them with the Z919? I have the Z828 and haven't had any issues. I'm still running stock, but I do have the bass thumpin' pretty hard at times but haven't had any skipping.

Originally posted by BigBlue:
<STRONG>Are all of you who are having problems having them with the Z919? I have the Z828 and haven't had any issues. I'm still running stock, but I do have the bass thumpin' pretty hard at times but haven't had any skipping.</STRONG>

You know what sucks...... the yellow mp3 has a better face than the blue mp3.....I had a choice of color when i bought my car/.....but i didn't pay attention to the stereo face.....i have the z919 and it skips......the one you have is better and allows you to show cool s*** on the screen....I am pissed because the one i got is no longer being made......the yellow mp3 have the updated keenwood face...

well what ever happened to that damn petition. this whole thing is bull s*** i cost the same amount and us witht the Z919 got shitted on by mazda. I wonder what i could do to mine to mess it up and have a reason to take it back to them. :confused:

Back