Sub Problem?

V

VizaX

Ive had my MP3 since last thursday, and I noticed that my Sub isnt working, There is power to it but It just will Not hit at all. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

MAYBE SOME JERK WAS PLAYING AROUND BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT .
GO INTO THE SETTINGS AND SEE IF THAT WORKS.
IF NOT BRING IT BACK.
CHECK WIRES LIKE MP301GUY SAID

fold down ur passanger seat and check rca's and there are also 2 dials turn them to the right if they are all the way to the left the sub wont make any noise.

By the way, how much did u pay for ur mp3. im pretty sure that i saw that one. i was so pissed cause i called all the local dealers and no one had any mp3's or noone new what an mp3 was. so i was in florida an i stop by a dealer and order it from him. i was so mad when i saw one a month later so only an hr away.

I had to pull the fuses on mine once. The underdash fuse got kicked loose or something. Ipulled it out,stuck it back in, and it worked fine. I think it was #8 or something like that.

Check your book for the exact number.

But wouldn't the fuse Cut the power? My sub still has power it just doesnt hit at all, even with everything set correctly, Im just having the Hardest trouble getting behind the head unit, The AC And Microwave controls are hard to get off, anyone gimmie ne tips on how they got theres off? :p Ima n00b

Go to the hardware store and get 2 long 3mm machine screws. Thread the screws into the 2 holes on the sides of the radio. put the in until the get hard to turn and the use 2 pliars to pull on the screws and the radio will pull out. If you work with the wires you should be able to pull the head unit all the way out.

Good Luck

Tim

Guess what? I had the same problem too, and I figured out I just simply muted the sub. If you are having the z828, hold down the AM button for few sec, and should work.

My experience with the sub not producing bass, but still showing power going to it was related to the head unit. I took it back to the dealer and had them look at it until they could find the problem. They told me it turned out to be the Z828 unit having a faulty connection to the sub. For some reason they temporarily rigged the Z828, using the "fadder" to control the sub while a new head unit was ordered. After they switched the head unit (AND carelessly scratched a bit of the front plastic panel underneath the unit), the bass was rocking well for me. As I drove back home I looked like this -> :D

Originally posted by vizax:
<STRONG>Ive had my MP3 since last thursday, and I noticed that my Sub isnt working, There is power to it but It just will Not hit at all. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?</STRONG>

:D

Ocean Park - Thanks so much!! That was exactly the problem I was having. Do you have any idea why "NF" stands for subwoofer?

Back