SUBWOOFER SUKS!!

A

<Arctan2x+k>

Hi...
i was just thinking about buying an another kenwood subwoofer...i dont know about you guys..but for me...100watts sub is really not enough ... just change the 10" keep the rest...for 100$ you can have a 500watts (250 rms) and for 200$ a 800watts ..
i think it worst it..on my car i put the sub to +7..and it dont take very much when you listen to high bass...to make the sub sounds like it cant handle...
nway..let me know what you guys think..and if you are having that same "kinda" problem...
p.s : i like good hard bass on my sound system! :) :mad: :mad:

Arctan Please rember this sub was stock its not right just to go out and rag on it. When designing a car you have to rember its for a wide range of audience.. The mp3 may have been targeted to a younger one but still there are people out there with kids that bought em (no offence). Do you really think the "parent" wants a couple 12 800 watt subs in the back of the trunk only to lose thier childrens hearing? The sub that was provided is a great quality multi sub use. Sure it may not hit hard but it sounds great for what it is. :)

Yeah i agree with you....your totally right..but for me...a 22 years old guys that likes good hard sound bass...i just need a sub that can handle the power this sound system can offer.! :p ;)
so i think purchasing a powerfull sub you be good...For Me!

Dude, you can buy the hardest knocking sub that is made today......and have fun with it.......

But if you think that the bass sounds like s*** now.........you have no idea.......

Our sub can handle some bass, it is the amp that sucks...........Yeah, the sub is not top of the line for hardcore bass, but that amp is really your problem!!!!!!!!!! And if you wanted to buy a better sub, you DEFINITELY have to buy a better amp!!!!!!

#520----------------BLUE

:p

yo think the amp is the problem?

i thought that the sub wasnt able to handle the power of the amp...
(the guys on protegetech tell the same about the sub..that he wasnt good enought..compare to the rest of the sound system)
and p.s : i dindt say that the sub that we have now sounds like.... i said i wanted more power...cuz he sound great....put a 30 volume level...you just dont hear it as much as you do when the volume is at 15..

nway.. ! :cool:

I work in the car audio field. The amplified bass tube isn't really made for the lower frequencies that you could be wanting. It is used more to enhance the bass frequencies of the entire system. This is what I did. I took out the amplified bass tube, ran a bigger power wire and obtained a small amplifier and two 10" subwoofers. It made a huge difference. You can use the same RCA cables and turn-on wire that the bass tube uses. I haven't touched the speakers because I think they sound very good. One other thing. I would get a quality amplifer and subwoofer. If an amp says it does 1000 watts and it costs only a couple hundred dollars, it maybe does a fifth of that. My amplifier that I have says it does 300 watts and that is what it does. My suggestion is don't be buying a great car and be putting questionable products into it.

The sub is not what I am used to either. I had two 12" kicker solobarics in my jeep. But I might keep it like it is I got kind of tired of the bass being extremly loud

my sub got stolen, so right now i have 2 10" in a custom box :(
but well, i think about putting 2 15" solo barics in there :)
what do y'all think?

I have one 10" solo-baric (my kenwood stuff was stolen, too) and it's doing the job just fine. I guess it depends on what kind of audiophile you are as to what your equipment preferences are.

you guys got ALL (even the 6*9 speakers)your kenwood stock Stolen?????? did you have an alarm when u got broken into??

THOSE THIEF BASTARD!!! :mad:

where the hell can you buy a 800watt sub/amp combo for $200???? It must be one bad ass amp and sub if your paying that little.

I agree, the sub in the MP3 isn't all that great, but it is adequate for most peoples tastes. I'm going to be getting rid of the entire stereo in this car soon enough (i hate the kenwood deck...its layout sucks). I just got a sponsorship from Kicker, so hopefully they will supply me with some solobaric subs and speakers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

The RMS rating of wattage is what the amp really puts out (MAYBE). Most of the time that number is inflated as well. Don't buy that garbage! Jack Cooley is right! Get a high quality amp and sub with realistic power ratings that has low distortion ratings and can provide that power at lower voltage than 14.4volts! Many of those good amps can provide even higher numbers when run at a 2 or 1 or 1/2 ohm load although you need good speakers that can handle those loads realistically as well. Don't think for a second that $100 can buy you 500 clean,real watts, probably not even 250 clean, real watts unless you are getting a highly motivated sucker selling you one. Even on Ebay! Although I've seen good deals on high quality stuff on there (whatch out for refurbs!).

i buy myself 2 - kenwood w3003 12" sub (600w peak each , 160 rms each) (90$ for both) + a kenwood amp 2 channal 600w (90$)i had a good deal from a friend.
i sold my mp3 sub for 175$us.. so it will cover a good part. This is maybe not the best quality , but for almost the same price that i sold my sub...it will play f*ckin better and louder. i just have to buy a dual sub box ..and that's it..

If your amp REALLY puts out 600 watts and you are going to use them for the subs you have listed, you have a good chance of blowing those subs. The RMS rating on the subs is only 160! Be careful when turining it up loud!

no... i got it install in my car today...and the amp is 600w , but only 100w rms*2 ...
so the sub won't blow at all...
i thought a 600w amp would give like 250w rms per channal...
well....it's doing great in my car!!!
:p :p :p :p :D

Back