Multi-channel amp suggestions?

hihoslva

I own a Pro5, posted this at Protegeclub.com, and didn't get the number of responses I had hoped for. So I'm going to try it here:

I'm just not happy enough with a new deck, speakers and a sub, and I'm gonna be trashing most of it soon.

I'm looking for a good multi-channel amp to run speakers and the sub. The plan is to install a set of 6x9s (still investigating the exact location in the P5, but it WILL be done).

I will then run the 6x9s and the front door speakers from the amp, and use deck power for the rear door speakers (who cares about the passengers, right? :D ) and the tweeters up front (they've got inline capacitor-type "crossovers")

I think the most economical route for me to go would be to get a 5-channel amp, and run the speakers mentioned and the sub from the same unit.

I've got a Kenwood 3003 12" sub in a small sealed box, and I want to keep that. I think it will sound great with "clean" power (I'm still looking to "rock" and not really "thump" ;) ), and hatchback space is an issue.

What can I get for this application that will deliver solid, CLEAN watts? Of course, price is always an issue, too, so maybe something in the $500 range? SQ is more important to me than SPL, but I do need to crank it up sometimes.

C'mon now - I'm looking for opinions! :rolleyes:

I think your best bet is to get a four channel amp and then a amono amp for your sub. But if you get a 5 channel amp I would recommend the old soundstream 405...you can get them off ebay. Real clean amps, Real clean.....So thats what I would do if I were you. Hit me on the email and I will send you some pics of my MP3 system im building. Bye now

The best bet would probably be to use a four channel amp for the mids and highs and use a mono amp for the sub like was previously mentioned. personaly i like DEI's amps i use a 500 series four channel briged to power 1 JL 10w3 and it's clean, it was powering four mb compent sets in my jeep clear as a bell. price is good too at about 300 bucks for the 500 on the low end and around 750 for the 1100d which is the top of the line digital.

Xtant X604. 100 x 4 + 400x1, these are the real rms values not spec. You'll probably kill your speakers and wallet though. $999 retail.

Back