Kick panels?

I actualy already made some for myself. they are a little big since I didn't want to move the fuse box but they do the trick

I'd love to see how it looks if you don't mind. I am set on putting a 3-way component set in front, but I want it to look right.

Also how were yours made.
Thanks in advance for your info!

John

I'd love to see how it looks if you don't mind. I am set on putting a 3-way component set in front, but I want it to look right.

Also how were yours made.
Thanks in advance for your info!

John

I want a 3 way set also. I have got some inside info that tweeter may start carrying Focal so I can get them cheap. I made them by taping off the entire area i was going to put down glass. Basicly the entire floor mat and stock kick panel, half the seat and the dash was taped. I used a marker to draw where I would later cut the glass to. basicly the tape transfers te line to the glass. then I laid some hot resin and then glassed the area I wanted the base to be 3 layers deep. waited like an hour, took out the base and tape and cut it to the line. I made a baffle with 1/4 mdf and the MB Quart speaker rings. then I put the base back in the car and used blocks with glue to position the baffles on the base at their to be perminant angles. I played with that for about 2 hours to get imaging and good balance. Then took them back out wrapped the pieces over with fleace to make the shape. the fleace is spray glued on. then I resined the fleece. then I poured resin into the pods untill it was strong as hell. Basicly I used 1/4 gallon per pod on the inside. Then I cut out the back of the pods since Quarts can't be in a sealed enclosure and trimmed off the fleace that overlapped the glass that I didn't need on the back. I usde Bondo to smooth and shape the pods then hit them with black piant to hide that bondos pink color. Then I wrapped them in trunk linear and installed them. :eek:
I can't post pics so I will send you the photos through email, just need the adress

Thanks for the info.

For pics email me mp3_4me@hotmail.com

Sounds nice, I'm in the process of glassing my spare tire well for two 10's and a subfloor. Kind of messy but working out nice.

Thanks

Back