Nopi Settings a SQL judge and i setup on Z919

TightMP3

Ok I have been in car Audio for 21 years, I have won SQL competions, so when i went to NOPI this year a judge and i sat in the car and adjusted away. So try it out, if you dont like it, Change it. Thanks, And let me know.
Bass F 80HZ
Bass + 6
Bass Q 1.25
Bass Ext on
Treble +6
Bal 0
F (fade) This is tricky, F+8 or f+6 The more you fade it to the back the less front stage you get, You want to hear the sound like you are standing in a concert and the band is in front of you, not behind you. With these setting you are not lossing any Bass so dont worry, just try it and you will see the difference

NF LV +3 or 4 depending on song
Amp Cntrl 2
HPF R 80 Hz
LPF NF 80HZ
Phase Nor
HPF F 100hz
HPF R 80
LPF NF 80 Hz
ok here is another tricky part, look at the sub woofer in the trunk and you will see two Dials, the first on should be set to where the Tick mark is pointing at 11oclock using the clock method. and the 2nd Dial should be set straight up at 12oclock
The first Dial is the one closest to the backseat, the second dial is the one closest to the rear of the car.
Now you can turn your stereo up to 25 and some songs up to 28. Lay the passenger rear seat down and you will love it. :p :eek:

Nice, I'll put that on the next I'm in my car. I'll let you know what I think about the sound.

Well is it really that hard to pick up the manuel that came with the face or are you missing the critical thinking part of your brain?

if i knew the way to do it i would tell ya. You might want to tell your dealer that it didnt come with one and that you need it. They will get it for ya. By the way guys we are supposed to help eachother not piss everyone off. Hint hint.....Laterz

Turn off the stereo. Then press and hold the little button on the top right (audio settings button) in until it gives you the options. Use that little multy-direction button to go through the options. One of them will be "k'ex" or something like that, it is normally "off". Turn it on and then you will be able to get the "HRF F" stuff. When the system is on and you press the audio settings button twice it'll be there.

As for the settings on here. I put them on and I wasn't impressed. It moved most of the bass that should be in the sub up to the 6x9's in the rear, which sounded really distorted, and terrible. Putting the knobs on the sub the way said on here turned it almost completely off. You have to put the seats down just to hear anything out the sub. Putting the fade that far forward put most of the noise in the front speakers, I thought you would want more a surround feel, so I put it only on +3. But, that's my opinion.

Opinons are like ears everyone has a couple. I was just giving the sttings for the z919 and i dont know if it will work on the other cd player. The way for true sound and i have grown up on it is to have front stage and a little rear fill from the rear speakers. The sub you need to have cross over no more that 80 hz and the phase should be on 0. I was just posting something that i know about, check out my web page, www.customaudiovideo.com this is our family busniess and we have been in business for 25 years so i see more about sound than alot of people. If you fade t more to the front yes it is going to take some sound out of the sub so that is why you turn the sub up at the subwoofer. The reason for the backseat to be layed down is so it sounds better. With the backseat up it sounds so damn Hollow. Any comp you goto and you have more rear fill you will lose hands down. If you want to get a surround sound effect you are going to need to get a center channel and a processor to produce it. Just remember if you dont like the sound of the sub only and you want more just adjust the nf lv and the subwoofer.

tight mp3...i dont know what kind of ears you or the judge had that day but those settings suck. thats my opinion because when you raise the volume the speakers rattle ill let everyone know the real quaility settings for our systems. :mad:

i already put the volume level up to 30...even 31-32 sometimes....and everything is ok! nothing is about to blow....till now! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

well buddy you let me know what the settings are and i will put it on a meter and i will let a local iasc judge listen. You are unregistared, so i know what will ein and you dont!! if you really want to get cocky and prove it drive down here and we will will compare, and the rattling.....make sure nothing is in you door pockets.

TightMP3:

When you put the knobs where you said on the sub it turned it down, almost off. I tried the settings and got the same rattling noise from the rear (volume at 25 w/ a heavy bass song). It sounded more like distortion to me though.

I see where your coming from with the knowledge. I'll try the settings again, but it didn't sound as good to me as the way I have it now (not to far off your settings, but different). I'd like to keep my seat up until I get my windows tinted.

TightMp3...I agree with you on most of your settings. I don't have the bass and treble eq settings set that high though. That's the way I set mine up and I used to compete. I think most don't understand what a soundstage is and what stereo seperation is and what smooth frequency response is. It's probably a SQ vs. a SPL thing going on here. Did you guys happen to test the system with a spectrum analyzer? If so what did you find out. I think I hear some big holes in the frequency response, especially down low. The fact that the EQ has to be adjusted so much is an indicator that the speakers in this system are not quite the best. But what do you expect from 6x9's? They've never been competition quality stuff.
I actually used my IASCA disk to check out and set up my system initially and the soundstage is a bit low and, like most systems, there is not much "center channel". I didn't expect it to perform well in these tests anyway. This is totally obvious when you do the seven snare drum cracks and the people talking (don't know if they still have the same tests, my disk is a little old). There is also a little noise in the sytem. I would like smoother highs and a little more midbass punch.

Back