I Need Pics

This is the only official pic so far. This car will be shown at the Geneva show. No word on if the sedan will be shown as well. We also don't know what this car (the replacement for the P5) will be called. This is called the "Mazda MX Sportif" and is dubbed a "concept", but is probably very close to a production car.

mxsportif01.jpg

Autoweek

Scroll down to the Mazda section. The concept is called the MXSportif. The guage cluster has this Matrix-esque thing going on. Not sure on the exterior, but the interior is pretty nice.

looks kinda like a nissan murano. I like that car. This car is pretty cool too. I like the agressive fender flares and the lights but the upper grill has go to go. Can you say ooooogly

After seeing the new interior and other pics, I have some new thoughts...

I like the exterior a lot. The back looks great, with the dual exhausts and RX-8 style lights.

The interior looks good, but I don't know how good it would be to drive. I don't really like looking down a tunnel at my gauges, and depending on your height and seating position, there's a good chance some portion of the gauges will be tough to see. The HVAC and stereo controls look way too busy. The stereo looks like it will be impossible to replace with an aftermarket unit. The seats look very nice, but the seating position seems lower than the current car, more like the WRX (which I don't mind, but some might.) It looks smaller inside than the current Protege, especially with the high center console between the front seats. I felt claustrophobic in the Mazda6 and I fear the same of this (I'm 6' tall and am comfortable in most cars, even the Miata.)

MX Sportif is definitely a European name.
Sounds good to a guy like me, but I don't think that name will survive the trip on a big boat across the ocean.
The car does look real nice though.

Logan said:
MX Sportif is definitely a European name.
Sounds good to a guy like me, but I don't think that name will survive the trip on a big boat across the ocean.
The car does look real nice though.
It could be the new name for the Protege5. "Mazda3 Sportif" doesn't sound bad.

I like it. The grill I don't like, but that can be changed. I like the back lights, pipes are nice. The interior is nice, but a bit busy. I don't like the centre console only because I figure it's going to be a b**** to put my own stereo in it.

Now, WHERE's THE SEDAN!

Great pics guys

That car looks cool...

The interior kind of reminds me a little of how the RX-8 is also. Bringing a touch of the high end cars to the lower end is also nice.

I'm not a big fan of the small window past the back door. It seems like it should follow the roof line instead of slanting back towards the front...know what I mean? :confused:

(2thumbs)

IA_Rogue said:
I'm not a big fan of the small window past the back door. It seems like it should follow the roof line instead of slanting back towards the front...know what I mean? :confused:

(2thumbs)
The RX-8 window does the same thing. I think it gives the illusion of a more steeply slanting roofline towards the back of the car.

JasonH said:

The RX-8 window does the same thing. I think it gives the illusion of a more steeply slanting roofline towards the back of the car.

I still like it...

According to Mazda that car is running the MZR 2.0-liter motor. (the new engine family that the 2.3-liter is based on too)

Puts down an estimated 110 kW, and 187 Nm of torque. Pretty cool stuff.

I've seen the interior picture and it gives me a more upper class feeling than the VW Gold or Accord. Does anyone have picture of interior???
;)

JasonH said:
Like this?

That looks sweet!! That looks like little buttons to turn on heated seats there, just left of the stick below the heater controls!

SWEET!!!

Back