Civic Type-r on my A**

tritonheat1

Banned
:
06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt
Well went to the base at 4:30 in the afternoon to go bowling as i come off the ramp to go on to the highway 98, i see this white car it's coming up close to me i'm already doing 80mph and it's raining to. he pulls next to me zoom's by at 95++mph as i looked it was a white Civic hatchback with top rear spoiler and civic Type-r emblem at the bottom right with euro tails and a fat a** exhaust. I started catching him at 100mph pass him, waited for the car to jump in the next lane as i draft up behind him i have my foot barried to the pedal i look in the rear view mirror i see hid halogen lights and dohc vtec vinnyl sticker going across his top window on my A** at 115mph. I say to my self this civic Was On my A** i went to the right lane he went to the right lane stayed on my A** at 115mph he jumped to the left lane got to my side door by a 1second later we were both doing 120mph i kept going he gave up on me i hit 121mph only as i could do plus it was pooring like left and right. i thought to my self this civic is a TYpe-r that was on my A** i know he coulda have pass me but he topped at 120mph i give this guy props for hanging with me at 120mph. This is the first civic that has gone over 110mph that i've seen and could actually do 120mph well he had that car decked out so probably that's why but i was thinking to my self i wish i had my 94 protege lx cause i would have shaked him loose. do u guys know what the Topspeed on a civic Type-R is.?????? but i doubt that was a civic Type-R it probably was a Ex but if it was he probably had a chip to do 120mph and some serious modification's. i did 121mph with all my bowling balls in the trunk how sad is that 121mph i think i need a cai on my MP3.???? i could do 125mph in my 94 protege LX with my dad,me,my dad's friend our bowlings balls and luggage we had in the trunk when i blew the doors off a Jetta Vr6 on the way to antioch by san francisco.

Wow.. you speed a lot.. and this is an amazing example of the overuse of the word "a**"..

but can civics really only go like.. 120 mph? o__o; ..?

Here in Toronto, we have quite a few civic hb that has a swapped Type-R engine. Some of them even painted their car to white or yellow, changed to 5 bolt type-r rims, and seats.
Here is one: http://www.station28.com/type_r.htm

As for the Type-R, it could hit faster than 120mph. As some people over the clubsi forum, they know better than me.

Actually you can turn any civic into a typeR for about $9.95 at any import shop. And furthermore the logos come in other colors too!

can you tell i live near boston and havet o deal with spivics and haccords everyday. Just the other day i realize i didnt know a lot about cars when i saw a Mitsubishi Diamante AMG??!?!?!?

Anyways the talking is in the driving and thats it...so race on

Triton, I hate to be so skeptical but I am going ask you this question. You assumed he topped out at 120. Did you talk to him? If not there is no way for you to be sure that he "topped out". 120 is really fast. He most likely just stopped racing. And just a little info. The civic type R has a much higher top speed than an MP3. Also, the only civic hatches that are sold in the US are DXs. Those have about 110 HP. If he had a motor swap, he would have killed you. I am guessing he just had a DX motor in there. Your car is great, but it won't beat a Type R on the highway.

Hafta agree with Res-san on the how do you know he topped out thing... and also, what's that "pooring left and right" thing...? was it raining? o__o

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: mp3girly ]

i meant it was raining like he** and he topped only at 120mph i didn't say he had a governer and that was his topspeed i said read the topic o just posted Civic Type-R on my a** he could of past me but he didn't i knew he could of but he didn't cause he thought holly shi* i'm going 120mph in the rain and something could happen. what i'm trying to say is that was a fat A** civic and i give him props to hang with me cause all the time i race civic's they only go 110mph i'm not gonna say topped out but that's as far as they go. And i know that a civic Type-R can do easy 125+mph. I think the Mp3 takes forever to do 125-130mph if you have a stock car but if you have a cai i think the MP3 would get there quicker than being stock and my top's ive gone is 121mph since yesterday.

LOL, I start to love you Tritonheat1.

BTW, how can you tell the difference between 120mph and 121mph? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Seem like you constantly look at the speedo, drive safe buddy, and make sure you keep your eye on the road while you are doing 120mph.
:D

My idle was just barely over 120mph and i do watch the road but i don't back down from a challenge even though i might get beat.

Yeah i know i don't back down but i think that guy was just seeing how fast i could go, cause i was already doing 110mph then all of the sudden he came up on my a** just like that from five car lenghs behind me. then as the car in front of me moves in to the next lane i start reaching 115mph as his front bumper was i say from my rear view mirror 1"inch away i could he his front hood and headlights right there then suddenly we both do 120mph as i start pulling slowly away he gave up which i thought he was just toying with me cause that was one mean A** bad Fat A** civic Type-R. Honestly guys that had to be a Type-R cause there's no way a Dx Hatch civic with an Ex or Si swap motor engine that can just jump on my a** from five car lenghs back and i'm already doing 110mph that means he already had to be doing 115+mph. In my opinion he probably just went 120mph cause he has sucky a** tires that can't handle the rain like the Mp3 can or if there wasn't no rain he would have just past me or he was just toying with me. what's best for Mp3: Injen cai or Unorthodox crank Pulley's.?????

Triton, you drive way too fast. Have you ever thought about what would happen if you got caught doing 125 or whatever? They can and will arrest you for that. They may even go so far as calling it attempted manslaughter. I know it is fun, but becareful. I know this isn't the right post but you racing in the rain at 120 is WAY too dangerous and I don't want to know what will happen when you get caught.

I got u initialRes i don't drive fast all the time, like i said i don't back down from a challenge but usually drive the speed limit. Plus that was cool to know a civic that fat was tight and Fast. if u get caught speeding with another car racing beside u what's the police officer gonna do pull both of u over???

i did 115mph along side a new mirage which was decked out and then I started to pull away playing with him and waiting for him to catch up and went as high as 125mph and waved him good bye so speeding is sometimes fun when you know you can win :rolleyes: he was pretty mad but heh oh well :cool:

actually the cop CAN pull both of you over. ive seen it done before. besides if you decide not to pull over he'll probably decide to go after you for evading. heh...cops suck.

Save it for the track! Jerks! A rainy freeway is not the place to be racing other people who are just as brainless! Especially in the Bay Area where traffic situations can change in seconds. I just saw a guy a couple weeks ago smack the "F" out of a lady and her baby in his ricey little accord and it was not cool to have to sit there holding a little baby in my arms wondering if the kids Mom is gonna live. All cause this little bastard couldn't keep his foot out of the floorboard. Most drag strips have nights where you can go out, pay a small fee and run the quarter mile without being a complete menace to society! Don't get me wrong I am a fan of "spirited" driving. but only if I am well in control of my vehicle and am sure I am not jeopardizing anyone else's life. That usually means open track days and autocross events. And it certainly doesn't mean driving my vehicle at 120mhp on ANY freeway! You prove nothing by doing that except that you are a complete imbicile!
Or maybe you would understand the word a** a little better?

Hey not starting anything carson black i just got one Question have you obeyed the law at all times since you started driving do you think anyone has obeyed the speed limit at all times ever (I DON'T THINK SO) SO CUT THE BULLsH**. I understand other peoples lives are in other peoples hands when driving fast but you tell that to the person who is speeding along aside with you as well as others on the freeway to cause i know just as well you have, so quit being a hypacrit.

You DON'T KNOW SH*T about me! Yes, I've gone over the speed limit like everyone else in the world has. But I have NEVER raced anyone on a freeway or public street where there was any traffic. Additionally, I have never taken any of my vehicles to 125 on any any public street. While the MP3 posseses superior handling capabilities it is simply not stable enough or equipped properly to handle racing at 125mph in the rain!I know this first hand as I have autocrossed it and road raced it both at speeds far below 125 and it was just barely able to handle those limits. I'm not trying to preach or be a "Parent" but I don't want unassuming, innocent people to get hurt because of someones testosterone cup running over! Honestly, I could care less about your safety as you don't seem to care about it much either. I am more worried about the people who got their driver's license simply as a method to move themselves from point A to point B in an efficient manner. I recommend you get a membership in the San Francisco Chapter of the SCCA and try some autocrossing or club racing if you feel the need for serious racing. Additionally, there you will find people who fully understand the danger they are subjecting themselves to and who will not have the means to sue or prosecute you for anything that might go wrong (they've all signed a waiver saying they won't and can't). You'll also find a bunch of other people who like to push the limits of their vehicles far beyond what you've probably experienced so far and would just love to race you. There will also be guys there with "real" Type R's and probably other MP3's (at least at autocross). The best part of it all is that no innocent person who doesn't want to race or even want to watch you race has to get hurt or see others get hurt in the process.

Holy s***, Carson, I love you. BTW, this is MP3Girly. Triton has no right to call you a hypocrite (Learn to spell, Triton) because I'm sure that very, very few people go 120+ in the rain. I'm glad you're telling Triton like it is, because you are absolutely right. I autocross too, and that's the place to drive crazy. I may speed on the normal roads and whatever, but I don't ever, EVER put other people at risk. If I'm going fast, it's at a speed I can handle and NEVER more than that. I seriously, seriously doubt that anyone can control their car, in the rain, at 125mph. One wrong move and Triton would have been a goner, or worse (as it usually happens) Triton would have lived and total innocents would have died. Triton, grow up and start driving like an intelligent adult. I guess that's all I have to say. I'm sure Res-san shares my opinion on this one.

Thank Girly!
Besides all of that, a real race cannot be run on public streets....
You can only have a true comparison of driver and vehicle ability when the environment is controlled and that playing field is level for all vehicles involved. Ever notice that for the "scientific" performance tests and comparos that they do in mags like SCC they always do it on a track?

Back