3rd gear miss

MSpeed

:
3.5 msp... 93 rx7... 91 240sx
hey guys
i went out and test drove a fully loaded v6 mazda 6 last week and the car was very impressive other than what seemed to be a bit of a tranny issue. when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it sometimes didnt want to go in. i had to pull the shifter a lil bit to the left before it went into third each time.

what i mean is if your pushing away from you going into 3rd it didnt want to go in. has anyone else experienced this with the v6 tranny? if so then does anyone think a short shifter might solve this?

also, is the i4 and v6 tranny the same or different? im leaning towards the i4 because i see more of a performance aftermarket for the 4

never had any probs with my car 6s 5 spd. i used to have a honda..magazines always rave about smooth shifting honda trans. the 6 trans feels no diffrent then my honda trans..just as smooth.

if you are into die hard mod'ing..get the 4..easier to turbo..and greddys kit is comming out soon.

but for basics. a set of headers and y pipe was recently constructed for the 6s. made 19 ft lb of torque and 18 whp. over stock. this on an auto trans

intake/headers/exhaust/fuel tuning is expected of about 35 whp over stock.

all depends on how far you want to go.

thanks for the response
the car i drove coulda had this isolated problem. ill go test drive the 4 sometime this week just to compare but im almost set on the 4 just like u said. its cheaper, its a mazda motor and he tuning potential will be there.

Back