***ATTN: Fort worth metroplex area or arlington MP3s***

Razhael

i currently trying to find any performance shop in this area that can build a custom turbo for my car. went to alamo autosports in arlingtont and wasted my time, they just told me it was a pain because of the returning fuel line issue... so i dont even know why do they say they do custom turbos...

anyway, i have tried to find other stores but no luck till now... so if any of you guys can help me out i will appreciate it.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Razhael ]

Alamo also says that the fuel return line is an issue with NAWZ (NOS). I kinda wonder about them now. Anyways, when I went to MHP for my CAI, they said that they also do custom turbo fabrication.

Um, I think they are saying that it is an issue because the Protege (3rd gen) doesn't have one. In order to run a fuel pressure regualtor you need a fuel return line, because I believe that is where it is installed. This means they would have to redo the fuel lines to accomodate this. Which, incidentally, would mean they would have to redo the fuel pump to accomadate the fuel return line. I think the Protege has a fuel return, but it's in the pump, which is in the gas tank.

They want to raise the fuel pressure when they put in nitrous or a turbo to help out with the extra fuel needs.

And, I can see why this would be a pain in the rear. Although, I think they are approaching it the wrong way if they seem to talk you out of it by saying that it is a pain.

It sounds like they just don't want to deal with it.

Of course the next logical thing would be to say, use Apexi S-AFC, but at full throttle the Mazda ECU does it's own thing and completely disregards what the S-AFC is telling it, thus making it useless. At full throttle with boost, the stock ECU might throw a fit with out having more fuel. A fuel pressure regualtor runs independent of the computer and so would be able to get the gas the motor and ECU want or need.

This is just my two cents, do what you want...

Back