Stage 1 turbo!!

spoolinmp3

Contributor
Well all the parts are in and everything is ready to go for phase one of my install. I expect everything to be completed in the end of january. I have pics of all the goodies and will be posting them. I will also take pics of the whole process so you can see whats involved in the whole thing. I will be running 10-12psi and hope to be at 230hp+ with my engine managment!!

More talk......yay. :D I'm starting to wonder how many of us actually have the parts that we say we do. No disrespect to anyone on this, but lets not talk about it till we have the parts in our hands to show people......e.g. pics, pics of you and the parts, pics of you with the parts and the car. hehe Hope that didn't come across too mean. ;)

Well I have good discounts so Here is my price list.
I purchased the turbo for
Turbo $250
Manifold $500
Link Engine Managment $500
Greddy type S bov $180
Injector $50
Intercooler $300
Thats a total for me of $1780 plus I still need hosing clamps$100 Intercooler pipe fabrication and down pipe about $600 plus I need another 300 to 500 to tune my car with the stand alone engine managment on the dyno. I also forgot I need stainless steel oil feed and return lines and I already have a boost gauge and egt gauge. So thats a total cost for me of about $2980 but remeber I purchased these parts at deep discounts. I have lots of friends in the aftermarket industry. As for the pics I dont have a freakin digital camera so I will have to get my hands on one so I can provide you guys with pics.
Apexistud no hard feelings man I know alot of people bulls***. And the only reason that I am doing this is so I can pass this information down to you guys. If you choose not to use it thats your choice. I am not in this for anything else but the above listed reasons. I dont need to to this, it wont give me any fame or anything. Nobody does not know who the hell I am. And this extra effort of documentation on my part is a extra pain in the ass. I coud simply just put the freakin thing on my car and enjoy it. And trust me I will!!! :cool:

Glad to see you didn't take my post to heart like some other people do on the boards and yes, I agree that there is a lot SHI* flying around on the board these days. :D Somehow I knoew you were looking into a turbo since you had "Spoolin" in you user name. 10-12 PSI won't be unsafe if you running stand alone engine management "and higher octane gas". I'd run lower PSI personally, lke 7-9. But that's me, I'd just want to make sure the motor can handle 10-12 before I boost away. Just look into rods and pistons in the near future and you'll be ok. Rods are what usually goes when the engine blows. You could always just have them heat treated and shotpeened. If I'm thinking right, being that our compression is what it is and depending on the size of the turbo, at 10 PSI on a 2.0 ltr we should be able to reach 210-220 hp. This is of course assuming that the fuel is there to support 10PSI.

I have a question though, what kind of turbo is it? Used, new, Garrett, Mitsubishi, IHI? $250 is mighty cheap for a turbo, for the ones I had been looking at like IHI AX53B60, GReddy TD05, or just buying Subywans stock WRX turbo would cost me $500 at the least, on a good day. Oh in case you'r wondering the IHI AX turbo I'm talking about is the one used in the APEXi Civic SOHC turbo kit :D Also, is the intercooler custom and is the price you're giving including the end tanks with the intercooler or is it just the core alone? What size injector were they planning on having you run? Good luck bro :)

Ok here's the skinny.
I finally got a camera and will be taking pictures after new years. I have a very busy schedule I work 100 hours a week. I spoke to Antoine and we will be posting every thing from the install in the tech experts section under turbo install.
Apexistud The turbo I will be using is a T3/28 Hybrid. It's actually a turbonetics straight t3 with some tricks done to it to get some faster spool up. As for the intercooler it was an HKS but I sold that and made some good money off of it so I wll be using another intercooler that is just is big and yes it has endtanks (Same one I used on my miata) It came off of an Isuzu NPR truck that was about a year old. Down here all the supra guys use these intercoolers and they can handle up to 25 psi no problem. I just got it back from the plating shop and they cleaned it all up and polished up the end tanks for me. As for injectors I will be using 4 550cc injectors and I already put in a bigger fuel pump about 3 days ago. But the pics will be up soon I promise sorry for the wait guys!

Hi guys!
I just send all the pics and posts in refernce to stage1 turbo to Antoine. He said he will post it on the tech forum, I just sent him the stuff now so he may take a few days to post it.

Wake up boys and girls...check the Tech Expert forum...the pics are up (bov pic coming very soon).

Stay tuned for more!

Thanks again spoolinmp3 :D

Cool spoolin! Thanks for doing this for us. I know I'll probably learn something from it. I can also appreciate that it looks like you know what you're doing too so that makes it even better. Can't wait to see those dyno charts! It'll be interesting to see how the other components of the car hold up with the added power as like brakes, etc.

Yes stage 2&3 should be up shortly and posted to the tech forum sometime next week. I have been speakin with Antoine about this and I informed him that I clumsly dropped my turbo on the floor(and destroyed it!!) while I was showing it to some friends. I already purchased another turbo but it will not be a garrett t3.
The guy that I buy my turbo's from got me something that is comparable but with a little more umph in the topend.
It's a mitsubishi 16g killer ballbearing turbo. They are known for their reliability and ability to take a lot of abuse.

This has set me back and we are trying to modify the manifold to the turbo. My car is currently all taken apart and the turbo and manifold should be mounted on the motor by wed. Soory for the wait guys but everything seems to be on track for now.

Back