ANOTHER turbo question

fano

i'm putting together my little MP3 wishlist of mods and prices and i was wondering if there's anything that i should leave off if i'm going to be installing that turbo kit.

I know the high compression pistons are probably a no-no with a turbo. anything else?

I second that, I will be getting a turbo eventually as well, but I was wondering just the same. What mods would be good to have before the kit for the most performance gains and what should we stay away from?? Any of you who are more knowledgable please help. :D

You will not need headers since the turbo manifold will replace the exhaust manifold. You also can forget about any high performance airfilter system since turbo kist have there own airfilter hardware and you will be wasting your money cuz you will not be able to use it in conjunction with your turbo kit. High compression pistons is a big no no! Forget about that boost and high compression dont mix. You can replace your exhaust though to a less restrictive cat back system. It is important that you have a minimum pipe diameter of 2.5 inches, because this will aid in helping your turbo spool up faster but remember no less than 2.5! You can buy an Apexi or HKS universal muffler(They are excellent brands!) And take it to a muffler shop and request for 2.5 inch piping from the cat back. Most shops will do that for you with out a problem. Another thing that would not hurt is upgrading your fuel pump and getting an APEXi S-AFC fuel computer assuming that your not going with a standalone engine mngmt system this will help you better fine tune your fuel curves when you get the turbo in plus it looks cool as hell. ;)

The cams are a safe mod. Port and polish the head is OK. Stay away from NOS cause a NA setup will differ from a boosted setup. Clutch is a definate. Flywheel is cool.

Back