big brake kit

fano

i emailed StopTech about that brake kit on the wings west car and here's the reply:

Thanks for your interest in StopTech and our products. The standard MP3/MP5 kit is $1795. We have not yet announced the product but it will available in January. The standard upgrade includes:

2 each 328x28mm directional racing rotors (floating)

2 each 7075 T-6 Billet Aluminum hats with anti-rattle hardware

2 each high performance 4 piston ST-40 calipers and mounting hardware
one set of high performance street pads
one set of front DOT compliant stainless steel brake lines

This upgrade requires 17 inch wheels and you should check our wheel fitment chart. We can fax the chart and soon it will be on the web site.

Best Regards

Robert E. Lee
General Manager
STOPTECH LLC
PH 310-325-4799x106
FAX 310-325-6627

a little pricey but thats what i expected.

I can get these for the forum guys whenever you want at a better deal. I will be visiting them after Christmas.

I had a group buy setup, but noone had money at that time. Please notify me when you are ready as I will get mine at the same time and save you a good hundred to a couple hundred on the kit.

Rishie
Automotive R & D

That's not that prices actually. Remeber guys, we're out of the Civic World now. So we have to deal with real prices. :D

hey rishie,

any word on big brake kits? i'm going to be getting some money pretty soon, and i'd like to spend it on a nice big brake kit, some wheels/tires and a suspension system.

i think our brakes are great except for the fact that it lacks ABS.
i would get the abs over the big brake kit
my 2 cents

For the driving I've been doing, I think our brkaes are fine too. I'v yet to experience any kind of fade or mushy pedal feel. I think the Stop Tech kit looks awesome, but you can only get the calipers in 3 colors I believe, yellow, red, black. I want blue ones :(

you'll hear no complaints from me about our brakes, but it's mostly for asthetics. i've been forbidden from those up above to do any engine work, so i'm just tryin' to see what i can spend some cash on to make my ride look better.

apex i wanted blue calipers also.....I went to my friends performance shop.....he told me they a make a paint kit for callipers...He believes they might have it in blue.....but not the color blue of the mp3

I dont remeber who put the products up from JIC....it might of been you apex......but my buddy who owns his shop told me that they make the best suspension kit out their, they have the full coil over system for the mp3 and he believes it will cost between $1500-$2000.

Yeah, that was me that posted the info. According to Stop Techs web page, the calipers only come inYellow, Red & Black. I'm saving up for the JIC Suspension for my car. I posted the retail prices for the JIC Suspension and exhust in that post. If anyone wants additional information they can email me or ARD P5 for times of arrival and exact pricing. I wouldn't recommend respraying the Stop Tech Calipers.

I have to agree with "C Rae" the stock brakes are pretty good except for the no ABS thing. The only thing that really needs to be changed are the lines but I am going all out so I am gonna change everything. :rolleyes:

Back