DC Sports Cold Air Extention?

big_ben

Contributor
I want some people to look at this site and tell me what they think about this. DC sports makes a cold air extention for the Civic SI and EX and it costs only $56 bucks. Cheap huh! This looks like it would fit onto our intake tube if turned sideways and then it would run down into the hole in front of the wheel well. I'm not sure about this so I want some more people's opinions and thoughts. Alright, here is the site. http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=DC-DAE5012&variation=&aitem=13&mitem=28&back=yes&dept=981
Give mesome feed back. Let me know if I'm just being cheap.
;) :eek: :eek:

Dude, if you decide to go this way make sure you have some super accurate measurements to insure that it's gonna fit first. I speak from the experience of installing an MHP CAI in my MP3. Now that thing is made specifically for our cars and it has very tight tolerances to get it all to fit just right. You've got to do a bunch of move this part then this one to get it all to fit right so it goes down into the fenderwell hole properly. Something that is not specifically engineered for our car and that will leave you with only one adjustment point like the one you have linked to might not work out too well. :confused:

Back