Solid motor mounts

JcsMP3

I am going to buy some extra motor mounts and get them filled. SO basically I will be installing some solid urathane motor mounts. So I have less wheel hop and better shifting. I will keep you guys in the loop for the pricing and delay time...

Jc

Neat idea.

However, I think that will void your warranty.

If you're in an accident the rubber mounts keep the engine from a lot of damage. Solid mounts will tear the engine apart in the event of an accident, won't they?

Just tossing ideas around. My .02 cents.

good for racing
bad for daily driving

the rubber mounts are ment to absorb the vibrations from the motor. poly...(sp??) mounts are better then stock rubber ones but they dont absorb as much vibrations but let you get more power to the ground. solids mounts are cool if you are going to be racing your car all the time and never drive it on the road. you will vibrate your self to death

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: freekwonder ]

A few of my friends have them in neons, focus, and a few cars that won't be mentioned... Ha ha ha ( hondu's)

I dont' plan on crashing my car... LOL if so they insurance will cover it no matter what happens. thanks for the heads up though.....

My friends that do have solid mounts don't have that much noise nor vibrations. Just straight up more power to the wheels and no wheel hop.

It take only less then 1 hour to change them all. So whatever happens as far as warranty goes I will just change them if ever I get a problem. Plus it's so damn annoying to have that motor bounce back and forth so much... ggggrrrrr !!!!

Jc
:D

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: JcsMP3 ]

I have Eurathane motor mount insert on my Focus, it is not that bad for the vibrations. But when you have the AC on, it vibrates like crazy, only at idle, anywhere above 1000Rpm you are fine.

"Mazda Speed" Kinda confuses me, those 2 words don't go together at all!

Jays2000ZX3 what do you mean haven't you ever heard of an RX-7

Originally posted by wheelguruuu:
<STRONG>"Mazda Speed" Kinda confuses me, those 2 words don't go together at all!

Jays2000ZX3 what do you mean haven't you ever heard of an RX-7</STRONG>

Apparently some people have not heard of jokes, or friendly rivalry?

nevermind.............

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Jays2000ZX3 ]

Back