Has anyone else autocrossed their MP3?

dolphin

Has anyone else autocrossed their MP3? My daughter and I ran ours in Aug. We did nothing except put air in the tires but it ran well. I was second in the street tire class even though I had a two second pylon penalty. The car was a lot of fun to drive. :)

That's funny, my mom and I 'crossed the MP3 a couple Sundays ago! :D

Like you guys, we just put some air in the tires.. I don't know how we did compared to everybody else, but we're hooked on it! I'm going to be driving the MP3 in AUX from now on, and my mom's thinking about turning her old 86 Fiero GT into her AUX toy.

My daughter will probably continue to autocross the MP3. I will probably go back to my Miata. We have been having fun running the Miata this year with both cars we should have double the fun :) If you are interested our club post the results to a web page. This is the URL for the AUG event:
SSCC Aug results

My friends are trying to talk me into going out some Sunday's too. But I just need to get of my arse and try it.

Autocrossing, or Solo II if you can go to scca.org and follow the links on solo II. There are pictures, rules and links to local SCCA clubs, etc. To make a long story short, it is a like a ski slalom only you don't have to go downhill and you drive a car. The driver that takes the least time to drive the course without hitting any pylons is the winner. If you hit a pylon they add 2 seconds to your time. It is a lot of fun. :D

Yup, I got about 20 runs in this year on it here in Sacramento before the season ended. I did pretty well in Street Tire class as well as ES where I actually won a couple races against a Saturn and a Civic Si. The last race of our season out here is an Enduro where you do five laps through the course and top three places tophy (I got third on that one because of my inexperience autocrossing, not because of the car). The day before that I was in second place I just went to easy on the first laps and it cost me a couple seconds. I got beat by the Saturn guy(an experienced autocrosser) and a Celica GT(very experienced autocrosser). But the car performs very well in the autocross arena and I expect to be at the top of the heap next season as my skills increase. A lot of autocrossing is the driver not the car which is why it is so fun! I'm actually considering moving to STS because of my MHP CAI, but the stock guys here don't seem to care about it, they think of it like a high performance air filter. I'm pretty sure on a National level that wouldn't fly.
Cool to see other autocrossers I encourage everyone to try it as it can be addictive fun and is the closest thing to racing you can get without putting your car in any real danger and not costing you an arm and a leg.

PLUS it's the only place where you can race in a class(street tire-PAX) where you will beat a corvette!

Carson,
Now you know why I have been autocrossing for > 30 years. It is great fun. I have been running my 99 Miata in BS. If I can pull off a win at Sunday's event, I'll win BS for fall series and the year.

My daughter will run the MP3 next year. We are trying to decide what class and tires to run next year. I have not found any "R" tires that are the correct size. I have found 205/40-17 a little small or 205/50-17 a little tall. This would be for GS next year.
Or we could try for STS. Still a limited selection but larger. I guess I'll have to make up my mind here in a couple of weeks.
CUL

I ran my first aux of this season on sunday and did pretty well. I ran in street touring s. it has been about a year since my last event in my saturn. but i'm going for it next year, slicks and all!

Apexi you should go to the next event in oakland on Dec.16th (Oakland colliseum) once you go you'll keep going!

DAMN THOSE AUTOCROSSING MP3S!!!!! I raced my integra out there at an event with MP3 girly. I was in a different class but as shawn's dad was racing we were wondering why it looked so slow. It looked like he wasn't pushing it but when he crossed the line I shut up. Without even pushing his car, he beat me. Now I have no suspension mods but damn that MP3 owned my integra.

Hey guys, I have read all of your post about autocross and I think you've got me in. I'm from Quebec and I looked over the net and found a car club in Quebec that do autocross racing. They even have an autocross school!!!

Thank you for all your comment on this one. Next year, I'm gone do some autocross. :p

Stou MP3 :D

I'm entering my first Auto-cross on December 9 in Tallahasse - any other MP3 drivers in the area interesting in coming over?

Yeah autocrossing is a great experience and it is addictive. I would recommend that everyone does it at least once just to see what it is all about. "Drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers." I love that quote and it is true. If you ever go to an event you will know what I am talking about.

Back