autocrossing performance

mp3_moran

:
Turbo MP3
Just want to let everone know that our cars are phenominal at autox. I attended an autox yesterday with another mp3 and our times beat most of the wrx's that showed up, a pontiac firebird ram air, and an electric car (I was really proud of beating the battery car) Everyone on this board should be taking their cars to autox's regularly. You don't even know what this car can do until you do.

they are great in autocross, but alot of it is the driver. My stock LS, (with old shocks), and I was hanging with WRXs (first timer WRXs like me) So driver is very important.

where do you go to autocross in the dfw area? also, is there any website with info on autocross or stuff like that?

I didn't do that in DFW. This was in houston this summer. I went with MP3girly and her dad. Ask her, I'm sure she knows where you can get some info.

A funny story about that time.
Shawn, my brother and I were working the corners while her dad was driving the MP3 on the course. We sat there laughing about how it looked like he wasn't pushing the MP3, and how slow his time would be. Well he crossed the line (just to let you know, my best time was 80 seconds). After he crossed I couldn't believe my eyes. He hadn't even pushed his car and he ran a 77. I was pissed, but that shut me up. I will never look down on that car again.

wow whats up fellow wilmington mp3, i thought i was the only one in the area even though stevenson had 2 mp3's. yea im kinda interested in autox in this area too...

Back