muffler

kep0ne

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
im thinking of replacing the muffler with one that isnt as restrictive as the racing beat one, and is a little louder. im leaving the rest of the exhaust as is...but im not sure what muffler to put on. id like to keep the racing beat tip if possible...any help?

Why are you just getting a muffler? If you don't want to pay full cat back prices, you can get a muffler and then take it to mineke and they will put on less restrictive piping from the cat to the muffler. That is what I did with my integra. It sounds really good. Just ask MP3Girly.

i was thinking since our stock piping is already 2", there wouldnt be a significant performance gain, and i might end up losing some low end...so by getting a better muffler i'd at least have a better sounding exhaust

any performance shop can add a muffler to ou pipe so that shouldn't be a problem :eek:

give your racing beat stuff time to break in it will get louder as the glass inside breaks down how many miles on your car? people can hear me coming and going from way down the street. but if you need louder still I won't stop ya!

ive been driving pretty light until recently...now im pushing this sucker...this babys got some torque!

if anything get a magnaflow and you get some loudness and some highend power :D

me and my brother have decided to get the Blue N1 Metal Color Universal Muffler from Apexi. I dont know much about loudness or HP increseases or decreases but this exhaust thing is gonna sound and look much better. Oh and we are gonna get the whole mandrel thing done as well. i wonder if we can make up the loss of performance, if any, with a NOS kit? :confused: :D

on my 96' 626 it had a very low tone and with my buddiez z24 it was barely noticable but either way it looked good and performance was an increase.. ;)

Back