Mazda 6 Wish List

How about a DVD entertainment in the Mazda 6? Just hope the DVD player is compatable with CD, VCD, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc. The 2003 Honda Accord has a DVD entertainment system!

It is believed that the TV screen is placed on the roof for rear passengers, or 2 separate screens integrated in the back of front seat headrests. However, it is true that it might cause distraction, but if tour bus drivers are able to manage that, why can't we? Furthermore, it is great to take the Mazda 6, especially the wagon, for long trips!!!

Entertainment systems are the stupidest thing to hit cars in years. We did just fine in the 70's without them. I had to stare at the psychadelic upholstery pattern in my Dad's 73 Chevy Biscayne. Kids attention spans get shorter every year. The advertisers just want them always staring a screen.

The DVD entertainment system is supposed to be an Option, not Standard equipment!!! Moreover, more and more cars are equipped with DVD systems now, like minivans, SUVs, luxury sedans (Volvo V70 and even Maybach). This system is not only for kids, but could also have many types of applications.

I was talking with a co-worker who just bought an Acura MDX with a DVD system. he has three kids and was joking that his next family vacation will be "Hey kids... there's the Grand Canyon on the left..." "Aw dad, we're in the middle our Sonic Hedgehog game." Why even leave the house?

Surprising! Why a lot of people think DVD system is ONLY for kids??? There are many families that have "kids" that are over 20 years of age, and they would not be watching Disney DVDs for sure. DVD system is used for long travels in the car when passengers have nothing to do to kill time. Besides, there are concerts, movies, soap operas on DVDs nowadays, so don't think DVD system are ONLY for young kids.

If families have kids that are young, they shouldn't be buying the fun-to-drive Mazda 6. They should buy "family" sedans like Accord, Camry, etc. Don't forget the Mazda 6 is designed for driving pleasure, and most buyers of the 6 buy the car for driving excitment. Cool people buy the 6 for fun, and when people bring their buddies to go on long trips, a DVD system would become handy to watch some cool stuff.

Come on!

Back