Question about ordering a new Mazda ?

I am thinking about getting a 2003 MP5 and I always special order my cars from the factory . How is Mazda in getting your new car when they say it is going to be there ? If I am told it is going to be 6 to 8 weeks can I count on Mazda to deliver on time ?
Hope you can help .

Dan from Canada (canada)

Bellevilleguy said:
I am thinking about getting a 2003 MP5 and I always special order my cars from the factory . How is Mazda in getting your new car when they say it is going to be there ? If I am told it is going to be 6 to 8 weeks can I count on Mazda to deliver on time ?
Hope you can help .

Dan from Canada (canada)

Hello Dan and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. (stash)

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

for starters....6 to 8 weeks would be a DREAM....seeing as how it takes at least that long for the silly cars to make the trip from the MOTHER LAND to North America.....you would need to tack on time for the build....and then for the delivery.....why not go to a dealer and see if there isn't a car available that just so happens to be equipted EXACTLY like you want it, and in the correct color? it happens ya know.....

and just so you know, seeing as how you are new to mazda's.....MP5 is not proper....some people get a bit edgy about it....its either a Protege 5...or a P5 and in reality....an MP5 is an automatic assult weapon made by HK.

Where can I get an MP5 so I can point that mutha straight at MAzda of Canada :)

On another note, Welcome aboard !

And Mazda has a history of being horribly late on shipping cars for years. the latest disasters might be the Speeds, but the tributes went through the same nonsense not too long ago as well.

MP5...
mp5a4.jpg

thats my pride and joy, next to my car

Last edited:
I doubt the 6-8 week delivery time is counted from day one. The factory typically has a several dozen "base" models ready to ship in each color. They just add options and ship, to dealers, individuals, etc.

Like someone else said, have you talked to a dealership? When I went to get my P5, I told the dealer I wanted a silver 5-speed with no other options. They had one with the polished wheels, so they took them off and subtracted that option from the price.

Easy.

yeah i would check with the dealer first...most will allow you to first select the color then if there are options that you don't want then you can remove them...

as far as shipping times i can't really judge about that and i don't know if anybody can...there are so many places that it can get delayed...for instance a while back somebody had a scheduled time for their car to be shipped in...unfortunately all the dock workers had another idea...it was delayed for more then six weeks...so if you decide to go with a p5 just check out your dealers first

oh yeah...mp5 is a great gun to shoot...we rented one at the range...i don't think i've ever spent so much money on ammo though...lol

Back