Spark Plugs???

C

cougfan99

Has anyone found the spark plugs on this engine? I can't see the plugs or wires anywhere. Also, if it's distributorless, what's involved with a "tune up"?

Funny you mention replacement spark plugs. I've been mentioning that for a couple of week now and I've been too lazy to actually look and see what spark plug fits our car. Soon as I find out, I'll post the Part #. I've been considering Bosch Platinum 4's, Denso & NGK Iridiums.

Cool, I'd been thinking about plugs as well...I read somewhere that Bosch plugs aren't too great because of their electrode design. In high compression designs (which is mots modern small displacement engines today) the spark isn't optimal because their electrode is shrunken in.

Bummer thing is, again I forgot where I read this...it was on some site in a sparkplug review...I believe it was on an Nissan Sentra site that was doing up a project car. It provided some general (but useful) knowledge on the effects of different brands of filters, plugs, pulleys, exhausts, and stuff lik that. It may be different on the MP3, but then again maybe not!

If I remember correctly, the Denso's are good, and NGK is fine too (think we already have stock ones). There are part numbers for the various sparkplug brands in our owner's manual.

Yes, the Densos are good, but tell me why in the world you guys would want Iridiums. You have absolutely no need for them. You'd be better off with some nice NGKs. The money saved could easily be spent elsewhere, but hey, its your money!!

Back