Warrenty on Supercharger!

Guitar_C

What would everyone think of a mazda dealership that can install Superchargers on new Mazda cars and have them under warrenty?

no.

they already did the turbo, i doubt they would bother with any R&D for a supercharger, let alone massproduce it.

Sorry, I'm not talking about like actual productions cars fitted with superchargers, I'm talking about existing product line cars being fitted with superchargers or anything like that (turbo too) at the dealership and the cars being warrentied. At first this might be only avalable at a single dealership (in canada)

then once that dealership goes out of business cuz it went broke trying to warranty a turbo'd car out of their pocket since mazda corporate wont touch those warranty claims, it will be at zero dealerships.

:)

it is turbo, what im saying is, one dealership couldnt do it realistically. Mazda corporate decided to put turbos on the proteges for the MSP and they made them very small, IE very conservative so they wouldnt break things. When something breaks on your car, mazda corporate pays for it if it is under warranty, not your dealership, so mazda corporate said hmm, we dont want ot pay for a lot of costly repairs so we will put on a small turbo which has a smaller liklihood of blowing up the car.

Now for one dealership to warranty a supercharger/forced induction thing, THEY would have to cover ALL costs associated with warranty claims. Mazda corporate will not send them a DIME to help rebuild an engine after one of the dealership's superchargers fried it. Its a huge risk. The dealership which has a FRACTION of the money that big mazda does would be accepting the possibility of HUGE repair bills for supercharged engines, a bill so huge....that thats why mazda corporate chose not to release a supercharger, and why they chose not to let joe schmoe mazda install the calloway turbo.

so basically, if it was decided that big mazda couldnt risk releasing warrantied turbo/supercharger kits for their cars, how could niagara mazda afford to risk it?

I agree with everything Slug said except that Mazda coperate foot the bill for repair costs. It goes back one step further to the supplier, where thhey have a warenty (Spell) with Mazda to get repaied for faulty parts.

Back