TRIPOINT SHIFTER INSTALLED

NC_MP3

Got my short shifter in last night, instaleed it today. It is a B&M brand shifter.

INSTALLATION:
This was very easy. Took me about 30 mins. The instructions are very good. You will need to get your car up on ramps or use a floor jack or a lift. I used ramps and it was a tight squeeze, but I did it. You will need a 12mm socket and a 12mm wrench, or 2 12mm sockets will do. Ratchet, a 10mm socket, a phillips screw driver and a small flat head. Only pain is the shifter going into the housing. It will go most of the way, but will not go all the way. It needs to go down about a half an inch more than I got it, but it bolted up and shifted fine. I will have to take a hammer and tap it down.

PERFORMANCE:
It is shorter. NOTE: The stock shift knob WON'T fit back on it. The shaft is too big for the knob. I had to use my stock Integra knob on it for now. The shifter is noticeably higher than the stock one. Don't know if its cause I don't have it all the way down or it may be the Integra knob, or it may just be longer hehe. It is pretty good though and you will notice a difference in the throw. This combined with a clutch and flywheel should be a great combo.

MY VERDICT:
Get it. It is not that expensive and gives you a nice tight short shift. It is not the shortest I have seen, but it is better than stock.

UPDATE:

I took a hammer and a screw driver and beat the shifter down into the housing. It took a great deal of effort but it finally went all the way in. It feels even better now. Really solid. It is still a little taller than the stock one though, but it is no big deal.

NOTE: The shifter will rub against the heat shield a little. It will also vibrate a little cause a loud noise. This will not hurt the car or the shifter, but is a little annoying. I am going to take the heat shield off and bend it a little to make it work.

SOOO....
Shifter is great. Installation is very easy except for the work involved pushing the shifter down into the housing. Performance is excellent except for the vibrating on the heat shield, which is easily fixed. My verdict still stands, get it!

Hey NC...tried to hook you up w/ some better stars there but it didn't happen. Good job on moding your stuff. I probably won't though, BC the noise will drive me batty.

I removed the heat shield the other day. The vibrating is gone. Shifter is still really great. Feels really solid and noticeably shorter.

Back